Reef nutrition

90 Gallon forced upgrade no more peninsula.

Jeez, think I never updated a tank journal this often.
Tried today to fit the Lumenarc Mini reflectors in the canopy but I would have to mod the canopy a bit, then it came to me that I have a PFO hood that I got from Robin so might chop it and just go with it while I figure something with the LA3. Nice thing on the PFO is they have sockets for VHO and is something I've wanted to try; drawback is I only have 3footer VHO's Super-actinics... If life gives you lemons...
I'll dig out the Mag and Ca tests tomorrow but should be within range as I used Seachem Reef salt.
Another missing creature, mandarin dragonette; wife's not going to be happy...

Tested again this morning and few minutes ago, zero nutrients, pH 8.2 dKH 10; still have to check Calcium and Mag. One final test tomorrow and one by one the inhabitants will be brought over this weekend. Not happy with the rock work yet so I'll get my elbows wet again.

yeah get happy with that rock work first, because last thing you want is to have corals all over the place and then realize you can't rearrange the rocks any more because they'll shade/crush/decapitate a particular coral.

Diatoms are showing on some of the rock and sand so mini-cycling is taking place I guess.
So far all parameters are in check; I have to shop around for a clean up crew.

Mounted the Lumenarc reflectors today, had to use the router to accommodate the socket holder; I need to look for a couple 48" T5 reflectors for supplementation.

0913001538a.jpg

0913001538.jpg

Reefbrites do provide crazy amounts of pop to colors...Look at John's tank...I think he has some pics up with only one reefbrite on. Impressive at the least. I think it might be worth trading an mp40 for :)

They are similar to Reefbrites, however, you can incorporate lenses as well as the drive the LEDs harder. Coral Sky is a good company AFAIK and I've had several sources recommend them to me over Reefbrites, although I've had about an equal number recommend Reefbrites, go figure...

Tank build is coming along great..

Reef Brites are pretty cool, they put out some cool pop.. however without a little air love to them, they can get very hot in a 8 hour period. That LED bar posted above pretty much is everything the RB was trying to be, but better from what it looks like.. optics, heatsink all that... I want to try one haha.

Back