90 Gallon Mixed Reef

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by 177ike, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Reefcrazy81

Reefcrazy81 Guest

great tank build your bros wood working skills are sick anyways im in the build process too ill call it my reef on a budget just finished my stand and painting trim on tank was brown didnt like it picked up my tank 100 used 55 gal oceanic ill post a pick as it is not sure if i got a good deal or not on tank dont think its the starfire :)

2. Reefcrazy81

Reefcrazy81 Guest

3. 177ike

177ike Guest

Looks good!

4. 177ike

177ike Guest

Those starfires are really nice. I'm happy with my AGA and like the center brace to be able to rest an autofeeder on. I don't know how else I'd mount one with my canopy on. The center brace is also useful for resting pliers glue etc.

5. Reefcrazy81

Reefcrazy81 Guest

yea thats a good idea like i said not sure if it is starfire cant tell looks same as my aga 40 gal breeder think its thier older models i balive they didnt come with starfire i can take a pic if someone could help me tell

6. 177ike

177ike Guest

Does it have black silicon seal? I like howthe starfires have black silicone as well. White/clear silicon kinda glows under lights and can be a bit distracting to the display.

7. 177ike

177ike Guest

It looks like you closed the back of the stand off? If you are planning to put a sump down there I'd suggest highly against sealing the back off. I sealed mine with removable panels initially but shortly removed them after noticing my cabinet doors bowing from the water evaporation of my sump. Just something to be aware of.

8. Reefcrazy81

Reefcrazy81 Guest

tank has clear silicon and thanks for the heads up i was thinking maybe of cutting in a small box fan and mount it to the back

9. Reefcrazy81

Reefcrazy81 Guest

looking good cant wait to get mine up and running

10. 177ike

177ike Guest

Thanks! Have fun setting up your system.

11. 177ike

177ike Guest

I thought I'd take some new photos of my tank to log progress around the 1 year mark. After a year, the tank seems to be settling and corals are growing well.

FTS at about 1 year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I feel like I'm maxed out on space as far as SPS go, but would like to eventually replace some of my more "bland" pieces with nicer colonies. I still have real estate left at the bottom of my tank, so I'll probably find more LPS to fill the bottom. I'm wanting to get some nice chalice pieces at some point.

12. 177ike

177ike Guest

Side tank shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

Nice!
    The clowns look so sweet together.
    Beautiful.

14. 177ike

177ike Guest

Thanks for kind words. Just added these two from Aquatic Collection over the weekend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 177ike

177ike Guest

16. 177ike

177ike Guest

Tank is now Apex controlled.

[​IMG]

17. jellygeee

jellygeee Guest

Mike: The size of that female Marron is insane. Great tank by the way.
    I like your cabinet build. Are you open to building cabinets for BAR members?

18. 177ike

177ike Guest

I'd have to check with my brother. If he is willing to build something, it would be very expensive, and probably not worth it to you.. Materials aren't cheap and as you can imagine, it's a very labor intensive process.

PM me if still interested. I can at least ask him.

19. PeteBoxes

PeteBoxes Guest

Superb Pictures! I can only hope my new 90 will look like yours!

20. 650-IS350

650-IS350 Supporting Member

Looking good. Nice pics and ya that maroon female.. is huge.