High Tide Aquatics

90 Gallon Mixed Reef

great tank build your bros wood working skills are sick anyways im in the build process too ill call it my reef on a budget just finished my stand and painting trim on tank was brown didnt like it picked up my tank 100 used 55 gal oceanic ill post a pick as it is not sure if i got a good deal or not on tank dont think its the starfire :)

Reefcrazy81 said:
great tank build your bros wood working skills are sick anyways im in the build process too ill call it my reef on a budget just finished my stand and painting trim on tank was brown didnt like it picked up my tank 100 used 55 gal oceanic ill post a pick as it is not sure if i got a good deal or not on tank dont think its the starfire :)

Those starfires are really nice. I'm happy with my AGA and like the center brace to be able to rest an autofeeder on. I don't know how else I'd mount one with my canopy on. The center brace is also useful for resting pliers glue etc.

yea thats a good idea like i said not sure if it is starfire cant tell looks same as my aga 40 gal breeder think its thier older models i balive they didnt come with starfire i can take a pic if someone could help me tell

Does it have black silicon seal? I like howthe starfires have black silicone as well. White/clear silicon kinda glows under lights and can be a bit distracting to the display.

Reefcrazy81 said:
55 gal tank and stand

It looks like you closed the back of the stand off? If you are planning to put a sump down there I'd suggest highly against sealing the back off. I sealed mine with removable panels initially but shortly removed them after noticing my cabinet doors bowing from the water evaporation of my sump. Just something to be aware of.

I thought I'd take some new photos of my tank to log progress around the 1 year mark. After a year, the tank seems to be settling and corals are growing well.

FTS at about 1 year:

_MG_9731.jpg

_MG_9767.jpg

_MG_9737.jpg

_MG_9782.jpg

_MG_9755.jpg

_MG_9858.jpg

_MG_9796.jpg

_MG_9805.jpg

_MG_9795.jpg

_MG_9810.jpg

_MG_9822.jpg

_MG_9856.jpg

_MG_9815.jpg

I feel like I'm maxed out on space as far as SPS go, but would like to eventually replace some of my more "bland" pieces with nicer colonies. I still have real estate left at the bottom of my tank, so I'll probably find more LPS to fill the bottom. I'm wanting to get some nice chalice pieces at some point.

Mike: The size of that female Marron is insane. Great tank by the way.
I like your cabinet build. Are you open to building cabinets for BAR members?

I'd have to check with my brother. If he is willing to build something, it would be very expensive, and probably not worth it to you.. Materials aren't cheap and as you can imagine, it's a very labor intensive process.

PM me if still interested. I can at least ask him.

Back