Kessil

A big thanks to Kmooresf!

So on the 21st PG&E shut off the power to our whole block for some work they were doing. We received notice about 7 days in advance (better than waking up with no power!). The power was scheduled to be off from 8am to 4pm. Unsure if it would be off for an hour or for the entire 8 hours I devised the plan to move the whole tank, controller equipment and light to Kris' house!

It was the first official Reef Sleepover! LOL

So I set it up for around 24 hours next to his monster 290 and all went well. The power was off for around 7.5 hours so it was a good idea and setting it up the night before kept me from rushing around.

I can't thank Kris enough for letting me put my tank at your house especially with the flood and the hood issues over the past week. Drinks on me next time! :)

cool! Kris can I move my tanks over too? save me some power.:p

Dan, Probably a good idea to get a battery power air pump...that should be fine to keep the small 5 gallon tank alive for 7 hours. Stuff stays alive longer in shipping bags and its good to have just incase.

LOL! I didn't even help him move it. I was at work. All I did was offer a plug. LOL!

No worries Dan, I just hope they are not moving up the street. I'll have to rent a generator.

Back