A few fish :(

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by treylane, Jun 21, 2010.

1. treylane

treylane Guest

Alright, I've decided that my African flameback angel has gotta go. He's doing too much damage to some of my acroporas for me to be able to overlook. He's ~2" healthy and eating frozen mysis and cyclops and such very well. He eats small NLS pellets too. He hasn't touched my zoas, softies, or LPS at all as far as I can tell. It'll probably take me a couple days to make time to pull the tank apart and catch him.

While I've got the tank apart, I'm going to pull out my yellow tilefish, about 4.5" long, fat and happy, eats nearly anything. He's a bit of a bully to shy cylindrical fish that spend time on the bottom half of the tank (leopard wrasses, firefish) but any fish that will fight back even a tiny bit, he backs right back down. Beautiful brilliant yellow, very fun to watch. Looks just like this: http://liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=91496

Also putting out feelers for homes for the following fish, all of them very fat and healthy and eating everything:
    - Pair of pink skunk clownfish, ~2.5" and 2", anemone trained.
    - 3.5" scopas tang
    - 2" tuxedo damsel (NOT a 3-stripe) these guys stay small and not especially agressive. In fact they need a fairly peaceful tank to thrive.

2. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

what you want for the skunks..... i am ready to put clowns back into my tank

3. treylane

treylane Guest

$25 for the pair alright? Or trade for some zoas or something? Make me an offer, we'll work it out. :)

[​IMG]

4. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

what do you want for the flameback?

5. treylane

treylane Guest

Flameback (he's african, not brazillian) for $30? Open to trades and offers. Mostly I want to make sure these fish go to good homes.

6. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

when n where you want to hook up??? what are they eating now?? and what are your parameters so i know how close we are so they go into the same enviorment ;)

7. treylane

treylane Guest

Sending pm... :)

8. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

9. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

update already...

clowns are already in the tank and swimming like they own the tank,LOL

they already found my bigger RBTA and my plate coral.... what a trip the pair of clowns i had never played in any of the anemones

thanks guys the wife and i are very pleased with the fish

10. treylane

treylane Guest

Thanks again! Glad they're happy in their new home.

11. treylane

treylane Guest

Bumpity bump.

African Flameback Angel: $20. Min tank size 24g, needs to go this weekend
    [​IMG]

Yellow Tilefish: $10, min tank size: 29g
    [​IMG]

Scopas Tang: $15, min tank size: 55g
    [​IMG]

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

That is an incredible shot of a Scopas :)

Question on the tile, they're billed as a big time jumper, have you had this issue or is this one not so prone to it? I know someone that would probably take it but his tank is an open top with no screen ATM>

13. euod

euod Supporting Member

I'd like tile fish. Thx

14. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Good eye!

15. treylane

treylane Guest

A lot of the "common wisdom" about tilefish or dartfish does not apply to yellow tilefish. Rather than being skittish and prone to wasting away and jumping out, they're bold, tough as nails, eat well, etc. Also they tend to flee DOWN to a hidey hole on the rare occasion that something spooks them.

Buuut with a rimless open topped tank, eventually you're gonna wind up with tragedy, and we get enough of that even when we're being careful imo :(

16. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

pm sent a while ago ;)

17. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

Nice flameback, is he reef safe? Do you have corals or clams in your tank? Does he nip? I'm interested, where are you located, I'm in San Jose.

18. treylane

treylane Guest

Alrightie, scopas tang and flameback angel are caught and ready to go to new homes. First post has info, both these guys are happy and healthy, eating well, etc. I'm avail all day today and tomorrow for pickup.

19. slim_jim989

slim_jim989 Guest

Hey do you have any side shots of the Scopas, but man that is one really great picture

20. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Wish I knew about tang... beautiful fish