A general message from the President- Please Read

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by seminolecpa, May 4, 2011.

1. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

Hmm guess you replied before I finished writing. Hope my additions clarify my intent.

2. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Apparently the point of my post is getting a bit lost. I am by no means saying that I or anyone else on the board are throwing in the towel nor do we plan to. It was more of an attempt to remind members that this club does not function without their help and to try to motivate people to get involved.

One of the most difficult things in any volunteer organization is not only getting but finding people that are willing to help. Some will be obvious choices based on their participation at events etc..

I know for a fact there are people out there that have the ability but may not be stepping up because they either don't think they are needed or don't think they have the experience. Sometimes people need a little poke to help them realize that they are needed. For what it is worth, I was one of those people.

3. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

Well said Bryan, I am running the Wine County reefers and I feel the same way. I think if everyone chip in and show some initiation, the people running the club would be infused with the energy to work even harder behind the scene instead of getting burned out.

4. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Yep, that's how I got involved too :D

A lot of people can be concerned about messing up and somehow doing a disservice to the club.

No worries, there's plenty of help for the helpers.

But watch out. You might end up as a Past President :D

5. Thales

Thales Past President

Right on!
    Over the years the club has expanded and contracted at various times, and interestingly, when the club has been biggest people seem to think their help is not needed when the reality is the exact opposite. :D
    The mantra that has permitted this club has generally been that no one should feel like they are doing 'work', it should all be pleasure. Many people doing a little bit of work is more pleasurable than a few doing heavy lifting.
    So, if you have any juice at all, find a way that you can help.
    The club is what the members make it, so jump in!

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Righty for President... oops wait, what year is it :D

7. tuberider

tuberider Guest

My vote is for Lefty!

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Righty died for Lefty's sins or was it the other way around? All I know is both are idols of mine... they both ROCK!!! If either one would be Pres the club would be in heaven :D

I feel an email coming my way :lol:

9. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Ambidextrous for Prez!

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

>throws both hands in the air<

YES
    said in my best Ed McMahon voice

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

If you fly me out every month, I may consider running >.<

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

How well do you do with holding onto jet landing gears? Can you run fast?

13. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I figure I can use some Kevlar rope and some roller blades...