High Tide Aquatics

A High School Dance and a Bottle...

So it was the spring dance; went to pick my kid, parked on the dark street and shut lights off. Next to the HS Auditorium entrance/emergency exit, there's a water main; kid approaches and grabs something from behind the big pipe, uncaps and sips, puts the cap back on and goes back to the dance. Hmm... I grabbed my flashlight, come out of the car, walk towards the suspicious spot and see a blue bottle of vodka; grab the bottle and uncap it; no, not to sip... Another tall skinny kid approaches in the dark, "Hey, that's mine"
Really?.. "yeah"... I started to empty the bottle at the curb...
Let's go back to the dance and talk to the teachers, you were at the HS dance, right? How old are you? Come, lets go talk to the teachers... "No, that's not mine"
But you just said it's yours, you said "Hey, that's mine"...
He started walking away, pulled the cell phone; I imagine was texting his drinking buddies "We are busted"
I went inside the gym to get a teacher, see if he was dumb enough to return but was gone (guess not that dumb) Teacher thanked me and alerted others via cell phone but dance was finished.

It takes a village...
Nice move. Most people would not have taken action. Who knows? Maybe one less kid was driving drunk tonight.

Could have emptied most of it and filled it back up with pee, that might be a better learned lesson :D

But then again high school kids don't understand the concept of drinking, so they'd probably just guzzle it down and not even know the difference.

I would have notified a teacher 1st, then observed and taken pictures of who was using the bottle before confronting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had stayed there longer I could have checked how many kids were involved; it was dark for pictures. It was a matter of two, maybe three minutes; I think the kid was thinking some other dumb-a kid was stealing his booze but realized it was an adult. Maybe the next school dance I'll set a stake out or is it a steak out? maybe a carne asada...

Back