Jestersix

A memorial to an unique bounce...

Just lost this one today... but thought i would share for those lovers of bounces who might appreciate...

SmartSelectImage_2018-03-18-15-23-24.jpg

Not sure, tbh. Only thing I could think of is either shipping stress or the lack of water circulation on the part that started melting....or both.

It slipped between some rubble and part if it was in a dead spot behind a rock. Tried moving it but it seemed attached so left it alone. Woke up this morning and notice brown goo and found the part that was behind the rock melted.

I'm sure the 7-8 hour power loss Friday night didn't help matters.

There might have been a slim chance that I could have saved parts of it had it fragged it right away when I found it but a hungry kid and and angry wife took that option off the table.

I lost another bounce just last week in the same manner when it fell into a dead spot. :(

...I need to get that 70G frag tank up ASAP. I usually mount my shrooms onto rocks but decided to hold off since I've been planning the frag tank build. So risk of things slipping behind things right now is high, especially for loose shrooms. Either that or I have to pull out the LR and just have sand to eliminate dead spots entirely in my current shroom setup. Unintentionally accuulated 40+ bounces / jb/ eclectus in a 5G shroom tank...talk about all my expensive eggs in one basket...sigh

Looks cool
Probably one of the coolest and most unique bounce I or other bounce collectors have seen... not sure if I would be able to find another...it's prob the bounce equivalent to a DPV nem.

Hopefully guy I got it from has a backup... or the last remaining bubble will miraculously grow a whole new shroom...

Probably one of the coolest and most unique bounce I or other bounce collectors have seen... not sure if I would be able to find another...it's prob the bounce equivalent to a DPV nem.

Hopefully guy I got it from has a backup... or the last remaining bubble will miraculously grow a whole new shroom...

Next time DBTC them:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the shroom was so new, I didn't even had the chance to DBTC... was hoping it would settle before I would frag.

My original game plan was to frag after the first babies of each of my shrooms... but I might just have to change that strategy and frag em as soon as they're big enough. For some, the former would work since i know the lineage and guys with the mother... for my unique ones, that gives me an extreme amount of undue stress after the power outage and the two melts...

Silver lining is I got it out before it poisoned the well... that would have been beyond disastrous.

This lil girl will grow up to be a great mommy to all JBs...and shared the same tank.
SmartSelectImage_2018-03-26-12-26-19.jpg

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2018-03-26-12-26-19.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2018-03-26-12-26-19.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 212
TBH, I'm not sure myself... I always wondered whether it's a mouth (or two) or a fourth, purple color... been meaning to get my fiber camera out to get a closer shot..

Shot under whites..
SmartSelectImage_2018-03-26-16-46-42.jpg

Then you'll prob wanna consider these babies too... lol. 3 eclectus and a kryptonite. Still waiting for babies...actually the orange one did... green stripe, red, and bluish mouth
SmartSelectImage_2018-03-26-22-04-32.jpg

Back