A New FO tank

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by tankguy, Apr 2, 2017.

1. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

So Im going to add another tank ( Fish only ) and I can fit a 72 inch in my spot or jam a 96 inch ( which only leaves me about 10 inches between this new tank and my reef. ) Both will be in my garage. Over which brand to use. Marineland has a 300G i like and Im looking at others as well. Glasscage has a variety of custom tanks available. CL always has something as people are always getting out of the hobby. Since its going to be fish only I dont have to go anything too crazy. Just want a good amount of room for fish to swim. As far as cost is concerned I also dont want to go too crazy. Seen a lot up to $3000 and even more. Pretty much don't want to go below a 240G. Good thing is this isnot happening tomorrow so I have time

2. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Pfft. There will be corals in there within a month of set-up. :)

tankguy and Coral reefer like this.
  3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Any must have fish you're planning on for this?

4. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Yeah --- coral like fish. It's all a ruse to convince the significant other that there won't be more coral bills coming in. It's brilliant!

5. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

For selling/buying used stuff, I've been finding Facebook market becoming much more active

6. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Marble wrasse for sure. When I moved last time I gave mine to Jimmie. It's all grown up now so I want to get another small one. And Bruce that's a good one. But I said from day one when we bought this place I am getting 2 tanks. One reef and the othe FO

7. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I've seen that as well but I like a lifetime warranty to come with this one. I will admit it's much cheaper to buy used than new. I've seen some 240's in the Sac area

8. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Agreed
    Spend the money for a new tank...get the warrenty!!

Do the 8' or 7' tank can be had

tankguy likes this.
  9. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

At that size, custom is not so different from standard, so go with 7'
    Also go deep!

Sounds like a fun project.

tankguy likes this.