Kessil

a place/person that builds aquariums or similar in Bay Area

Hey what's up,

Anyone know of a place/person who can put together a small glass tank for relatively inexpensive inside of the Bay Area?

I'm looking for a 30"x12"x12" rimless with 3/8" thick glass, maybe Starphire glass also if the price is right.

also a 30"x12"x10".

Much appreciated if anyone knows,

-Jeff

Only glass guy I know of in Central/Northern CA is Keith Grandt in Sacramento:

http://signatureaquariums.com/Signature_Aquariums/Home.html

Cool. I just e-mailed Signature about a quote just at first. Thanks for the link Baymac!

I am also waiting on Gen @ Kritter Cages to get back to me tomorrow for a estimate.

Got the quote from Reef Savvy this morning and price looks a little better than all the other multiple estimates I received this week.
I am waiting on the shipping charges from Reef Savvy. I hope it is not more than the price of the tank. :X

@gimmito - yeah indeed, it's basically a 20L but rimless and will require thicker glass - I'm going for a Peninsula look :)

Edit and Q: Anyone have first hand experience with Glasscages.com? I have read numerous bad things on the web "they are affordable but quality is lacking and bad service". I actually received an estimate from them a few days ago too.

Credit: This tank/setup is gorgeous and is owned by a Nano-Reef member (not my tank - just my inspiration!)

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_5142.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_5449.JPG

If you go through a LFS........I used Neptune, you can get a quote from "LeeMar" in southern, CA. I got LOTS of quotes and they were by far the best. I am very happy with the end result. Might be worth a call. Shipping was better price as well.

Back