Kessil

A request for members

In light of the upcoming talk by Jake (I had to say that sorry :p), I would like to provide him with a couple of small tanks with some coral for him to have as demo tanks. Anyone have anything like that? I don't think getting some corals together will be an issue, but the tanks might be a little tricky.

LMK what you got!

When you mean demo tanks, you mean demo for that day? Or to give to Jake?

I have to check the the tank stock, although I don't think I have anything particularly clean right now, and everything is small (10-20g range)

sorry I don't think I will be at the meeting, I am planning to go to LA for the Marine Aquarium Expo.....I was talking to Rich about thiis too. Maybe bring the gruop to Karson's place after and show the LED over his tanks. No setup needed, but you should ask Karson first. What do you think.

sfsuphysics said:

I just think it would be nice for Jake to have a few tanks full of corals to take back to Colorado with him :p

It's so we can have a lighting demo silly.

Apon said:
sorry I don't think I will be at the meeting, I am planning to go to LA for the Marine Aquarium Expo.....I was talking to Rich about thiis too. Maybe bring the gruop to Karson's place after and show the LED over his tanks. No setup needed, but you should ask Karson first. What do you think.

I think it would be easier to have the demo in house instead of everyone getting into their cars and going to another location.

tuberider said:
sfsuphysics said:

I just think it would be nice for Jake to have a few tanks full of corals to take back to Colorado with him :p

You got him a couple extra seats to put the tanks on, right? SouthWest doesn't care as long as you but tickets for them ;)

Tanks are mostly what is needed, two in the ten gallon range would be fine.

All we need AFA corals are a few pieces and a couple of chunks of live rock.

GreshamH said:
tuberider said:
sfsuphysics said:

You got him a couple extra seats to put the tanks on, right? SouthWest doesn't care as long as you but tickets for them ;)
How's that going to work out with the 4 ounces of liquid rule? Wait how does that rule go? any one container can only have 4 ounces? So you can have 320 - 4 ounce containers to fill the tank? :D

Ok just checked what's available. I have a 10x20x12h glass (~10g), 12x24x16h glass (~20g), and a homemade jobber I use for a frag tank around swap times, acrylic, sides are far from being crystal clear, but it's relatively shallow and has a larger foot print 15x21x8h (~10g), given enough lead time I could probably buff some of the scratches out... but it does make for a nice look down at the very least :D

Oh yeah, I also have an older nano cubeish tank ~10g, not yet filled.

Maybe a sponsor could donate a cube to the raffle and we use it for the display???

Or Maybe Gen has a cube he could loan?

sfsuphysics said:
GreshamH said:
tuberider said:
sfsuphysics said:

How's that going to work out with the 4 ounces of liquid rule? Wait how does that rule go? any one container can only have 4 ounces? So you can have 320 - 4 ounce containers to fill the tank? :D

But aren't we just sacks of water for the most part? If we put them in skin and gave them a name, would that be OK???

tuberider said:
In light of the upcoming talk by Jake (I had to say that sorry :p), I would like to provide him with a couple of small tanks with some coral for him to have as demo tanks. Anyone have anything like that? I don't think getting some corals together will be an issue, but the tanks might be a little tricky.

LMK what you got!

you are more than welcome to borrow my small 210 :D

OK how about Mike and Miles bring the 10gs, that way we have even comparisons.

If anyone has a couple of corals lying around to bring that would be cool, I'm going to bring a decent sized chalice.

Back