Neptune Aquatics

About time someone had a commercial solution:

That is neat, prevents the DIY-ers from having a nightmare; well, the ones that don't do much DIY.
I had a reefer on RC retrofit a Tek 8xT5 with DIY LED center strips, the full length; it was one of the old fixtures I had as a project. Glad someone gave it new life. He used an IceCap 660 to overdrive the four T5 lamps to about 80W each !
Now, a ball-swivel mount for Kessil light, that would be awesome so you can point your Kessil where you want to.
I bet you can squeeze an AI Vega or similar rectangular LED fixture inside a Tek, either six or eight bulb unit. And that reminds me I still have an old Tek, but a 36" six-bulb.
I picked up an older Current USA MH/PC from a member here and initially that's what I have in mind; in the end, might be just another Frankenstein project, you know, dead before gets life...
A guy on RC added ball-swivel mounts to his Kessil A150, he said bought them from Adorama.

Don't get me wrong, I would love it if they had some universal brackets that could attach to existing T5 fixtures, it's just as a fixture itself they tend to be on the pricey side. It's almost like they're trying to get new people into this, and not someone with an existing equipment (other than the LED).

Back