Acan lord Edition (No coral name)

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by sfsuphysics, Dec 5, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

After getting this piece I made this frag shortly after a few "players" told me it was a fantastic score. I was going to toss it into the BAR member only frag swap, but I decided it'd be better served in the DBTC bank in case I lose it rather than just throw it in the swap to get picked and never heard from again.

I don't quite have a name for it, I thought about Mike's "Bleached" Acan just to keep people from picking it at the swap, but I think it's a tad too colorful to go for that :D

Requirements:
    Must be willing to give photographic evidence of it's progress
    Must be willing to spot feed these guys, not just "feed with fish poop"
    Must frag this to a minimum of THREE others before trading/selling/throwing in a swap
    If my colony takes a pooper, I get first dibs on any frags you make

Unfortunate issue is I only made one frag, so there's only one going in, but like most acans you feed it well it'll multiply quickly.... but I still have the colony, and if you really really want one and don't "win".. psssst... shoot me a PM, I like other pretty acans :D

Ok, here's the deal I'm going to ask for a number between 1 and 20. However I'm going to be basing my choice based upon what you've put into the DBTC program (or returned if you've returned a lot, palythoas don't count :D). The number is to break a "tie" between people who've put fabulous stuff in (I'm not really rating too much on quantity but quality of DBTC items)

The Eye Candy... er Coral
    This is true to color, the rim is a bit more blue in the picture though because I'm holding it near the surface to get a better picture (i.e. near the blue/actinic supplemental lighting), but it looks pure white on the floor of the tank... and this is a super-macro shot... that detail you see, you're not going to see unless you have microscopic vision :D
    [​IMG]

Here's at least one baby that I noticed on it, so you're off to a good start, also under all that tangled mess of flesh is a glob of superglue.. so this sucker is encrusting. I think there's another baby on the other side.
    [​IMG]

2. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

That is really very nice, Mike.

3. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Nice looking Mike!

I'll choose 16 as always.

4. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Well I pick 11. Since you aren't counting paly's this is a bit a crap shoot for me but jic :)

5. badbread

badbread Guest

I agree to all terms set forth.

Hrm, I DBTC'd a monti cap, and more recently a single acan frag? Hope that qualifies me! :)

4 please if I'm eligible

6. put me in consideration for it. i choose 7 as in double o 7 :D

7. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

WOW! That's hot! I'd love a second gen, when available.

8. Roc

Roc Guest

I would love a frag. I chose 13

9. Paradox

Paradox Guest

10. tonggao

tonggao Guest

3 is my lucky number.

11. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

big 8 for me

12. 70Cuda

70Cuda Guest

that is one fantastic acan

13. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

8 people picked a number and we have 7 votes, and one was mine and I didn't pick a number.
    Vote away!

14. alve

alve Guest

I voted as well and didn't pick a number :D

15. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I guess that will be my added rule. Must vote to be eligible muahahaha!!

16. Elite

Elite Guest

Cool looking piece.. since I voted, I have to pick a number ;D

17. sfsuphysics

Anyone else?

For the most part people have just made it difficult since most everyone have been good contributors/returners to the program. Looks like random number generation it is... maybe I'll make it complicated too and pick a million numbers and which ever one has the least amount it was off 1 million times will be the winner.

HA! Well hell Saturday is far away, and I am a bit bored.

18. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Beautiful piece! I'll wait for succeeding generations.

19. Elite

Elite Guest

Shouldn't this thread moved to DBTC-X?

20. sfsuphysics

Damn couldn't find the fricking thread!

After much deliberation and computer code running, the lucky number is...

Which mean Bryan gets the coral.

Daniel being next closest has the option of getting the rock the coral was attached to in the hope a super tiny piece of flesh was left behind and will grow out ... or just wait until I frag another one :D