Kessil

Acan lord Edition (No coral name)

Since I've started to update tracking on these, it's nice to know what happens to frags.
Got my nice large polyp a few weeks ago. Unfortunately it didn't make it through the morning the day after I got it. :( Sorry guys. I'm bummed. For anyone who gets a shot at it, it does look pretty nice.

Thanks Bryan and Mike for the frag! I love this thing, I can't wait until it grows up!

I had a nice lazy Sunday and took a couple videos of it:

Picture is worth 1000 words, video is worth 1000 more, this one isn't in HD but it looks pretty good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xcy8fRJ7Qo

HD video of me feeding it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2c1gsqrulE

The feeding tentacles were out from the time I picked up the frag from Bryan until about 2PM today non-stop.

** EDIT **
Mike, video was taken with a Canon HG10 edited in Vegas 8

Moved it into the light for a pic; don't mind the odd angle or the other cluster of discs. :p

dbtc_sfsuphysics_acan_061409.jpg

I see people post "put me on the list" is their such a thing or do we just have to be at the right place at the right time and pick the right number to get a piece? If their is a list I wanna be on it, and if not, I hope I get the right place, time and number thing going on!

that's an awesome acan.

the real Modesto Jeremy

Well it couldn't hurt to say put me on the list, however when someone announces frags are available, might want to chime in once again, since sometimes people don't read the thread, also some people might have "gone away" since the time they asked to when the frag is stuck out there.

But as Tony said, depends upon the donor, sometimes people choose numbers, sometimes people look at the track record of those who are asking, sometimes its a combo of both, sometimes you can't even give them away :D

Eric: That's what I'm talking about! :D

Jay: Man I need to remember to put you on the list for any LPS I give away just because the videos you shoot are so badass :D

For me, it's ummm about 24" down and 12" back from the halide (guessing), however there are blue Plus T5s over it about 24" above it.

If you put too much light on it you might get similar to Bryan's.

Survived the move and doing very well. Feeding this bad boy every 2 days and it loves every minute of it.

** EDIT **

Oh! And as stated and promised, photographic evidence of it's progress. I made it a fatty.

IMG_6146.JPG

Any updates on where this has gone? I recently moved mine so it's a little more direct under the halides, plus its in a much easier position to feed (I don't need to stretch out over half the tank with my arm in at a 45 degree angle between a couple branches of slimer just to squirt stuff in it's general direction).

And yes, mine still has those lovely green centers that made me love it so :D

nonameacan.jpg

Mike - If you have any more to frag at this time, I will fully commit to photographically documenting progress (with good shots!) :) The green/yellowish centers are very pleasing to the eye. Just lemme know.

Oh by the way, I think I picked up one of your frags at the swap. It's the Hairy Red Acro Millipora piece you put in. It's a good size frag at about 2 inches or so. The frag has already started encrusting onto the rock I glued it onto in my tank. If you're interested, I can snap a shot if it.

Mike

Well there should be 6 frags to be given in the next generation... although 2 people killed theirs, so there should be 2 out there... although haven't heard from Jay in a while... we'll wait before I consider refragging, I just moved and epoxy'd to the rock I don't want to have to remove it already.

Back