Acan Lord for sale/trade (gauging interest)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by sfsuphysics, Dec 19, 2005.

1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I'm curious does anyone even want these things anymore? I'm going to start chopping up some colonies into frag sized bits, and I'm wondering if any BAR members would like to buy/trade for them pre-fragswap.

http://www.bareefers.org/bar/viewtopic.php?t=641 Here's some pictures of the colonies (and some frags I already made), but if there's some interest in them I can chop up a bunch of frags and photograph them so people can decide on a frag/trade value.

2. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Mike,
    What types of coral are you looking for to trade?

3. sfsuphysics

See that's a real iffy question there since it really depends upon the coral. Off the top of my head I'd like ricordia (either florida or yuma). Some zoanthids/palythoas would be doable too. I'm still really testing my feet in the SPS area, so I don't think I'd want any of those until I can make sure I can keep the ones alive I have now.

4. jimsar

jimsar Guest

Mike, I've got a ricordia that has potential of growing at least 6" across. Wanna trade? It's greenish with beige. Do you need a pic?
    Jim

5. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Mike, I could go for some pre fragswap trades.

I've got some white striped purple green yuma... the ones from New Alameda, and some green pinkish ones from Lucky Goldfish.

Also have various zoos I could frag:

Eagle Eyes
    Dragon Eyes
    Ring of Fire
    Fire and Ice
    Watermelon
    Emeralds on Fire
    Pinks
    Neon Sky(possibly)

Also can frag my M. capitata purple polyp rice coral.

Posted some pics of a few in the RC zoa forum... under "Old zoos, new pics".

Probably will make these and other pieces available for side trades at the swap as well.

6. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

A few zoo pics here:
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=729415

Here are some blurry pics of the yumas. The blue ones are not available right now. Still growing those out.

Purple green
    [​IMG]

The ones on the left are available
    [​IMG]

Another pic
    [​IMG]

Yet another pic
    [​IMG]

Green pink
    [​IMG]

7. sfsuphysics

Oooh I'm sold, let me start fragging up some of the lords, and then give it a week or so so they can heal up in my prop tank. ( I mean I do have some of the purple/green lords frags available, but the other one I only have that one "frag" which is 15-20 heads with more ones popping up daily! I wouldn't mind trading that but I'd want a good amount in return for it :)), but if you want to wait until that frag meeting (whereever they chose it) that'll work great. Or if you want to just come over after I get them fragged up and then pick which ones you'd like (I can photo them too, just I have a 14k bulb over the tank so some pics might be a little bluer than normal).

It is a little hectic this week, so don't know when I'll get around to chopping up the stuff although knowing me I'll procrastinate everything I should be doing and do something fun like fragging :D

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Pics would be nice. You have 2 different color morphs? I could go for a frag of each type, whatever the color, just to have the variety. That is, if there isn't someone who wants the whole 20 head piece.

I have this Friday off, so that could work. Or if the frag planning meeting is in Alameda, you could pick what you want from my tank then.

No rush.

9. sfsuphysics

Well I have 2 original color morphs yeah, but as you can see from the thread in the first message the 20 piece colony changed colorations a bit, with the reds becoming more red, and the light lime green becoming more of a green green.

But cool on the no rush, planning meeting sounds good.