got ethical husbandry?

Acan placement

Can acans be placed next to each other without stinging and killing each other? I'd like to put them next to each other to create a acan garden. If not what's the closest they can be to each other? TIA! :)

depends upon the type of acans

If they are similar species then probably yes. I have acan echinatas next to other similar ones no warfare other than a "lets see who can grow faster" bit. Ditto with lords next to lords.

Now I'm not quite sure if that holds true for where they're from, tiny little evolutionary differences might make all the difference and potentially give you a different subspecies that scientists haven't figured it out.

Either way, I say do it, and if you see dead stuff in the morning, you know you were wrong :D

Acan Lords are innocent horndogs can touch each other all day long and be happy about it.
Acan echanatas are psychos and will kill almost anything when you least expect it.

Gomer said:
Acan Lords are innocent horndogs can touch each other all day long and be happy about it.
Acan echanatas are psychos and will kill almost anything when you least expect it.

Thanks Tony for the info. Can you tell me how I can tell the difference between a lord and echanata?

Tony is 100% right. I found out the hard way when I put a 6th acan that wasn't an 'aussie' acan next to the other 5 happy ones, the newcomer (maybe from indo?) wasted a few polyps from the closest aussie acan.

It must have been a different species. It probably had nothing to do with being aussie or indo. An indo lord should do just fine next to an aussie lord.

Cool thanks guys! :) I put them next to each other. One of them I wasn't too sure if it was a lord because it didn't inflate or puff as much. I had to look at my bluezoo order and it said it was a lord. So far so good!

Back