Kessil

Acan Rotundofloura-aka Pumpkin Patch Acan?

seminolecpa

Past President
Have 2 frags of this available. Is a spitting image for this one by ultimate frags

Theirs

http://www.ultimatefrags.com/coralinfo.php?ID=550#coral

Mine

4-4-09-2.jpg

Greenish/blue body, bright orange mouth and a nice neon green leading edge.

You must:

Be experienced with LPS
Agree to put 2 frags back into DBTC before trading selling etc
Agree to pick up at a meeting or my house
Post a link to your all time favorite sports moment and tell us why

For example: my favorite. (sorry Richard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psu879qOkIo

I was a freshman at FSU and drove to up to Clemson for the game. I was in the endzone that Butler was running to. Back when Bowden used to actually coach. Yes I am that old.

One caveat to the frag. I am currently treating my tank for redbugs. Though they only effect SPS and this is LPS I wanted to at least throw it out there.

Sorry I am not playing, but I have a question Bryan. Do you think the coral in the middle of the pic below is the same? I always though it is a chalice :quest: .

I think yours looks more like a Miami Hurricane Chalice. This is definately not the same is is also definately an acan. I swore it was a chalice at first too.

Cmon... you know you want to play.

Acan rotowhat?

What sort of lighting requirements does this have? Right now my LPS section is definitely a lower light area.

But I'll play along :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tunyz0WWLSI
Fast forward to about 6:00, this is the whole final drive. But the moment is know as "The Catch", anyone who's a 49er fan knows what this play is all about. It was the exclamation point on the end of the beginning of the dynasty of the 49ers. I remember watching this at my aunt's house, this game always coincided with a cousin's birthday and it was funny because they all went the same way "Ok half time, hurry up and open your presents". Either way I was young, 1982, and I remember intensely the lack of style my dad had with choosing my clothing, some pink cowboy type button up shirt, jeans and cowboy boots... good god if I was any older people would swear I was gay (keep the wisecracks to a minimum!)

Now there is a pic I have to see.

It is a relatively recent edition to my tank Mike. I have it mid tank so I would say lean toward medium lighting.

BTW the frags have 3 and 4 eyes respectively. It is a pretty cool looking coral.

This was the pic Derrick took of it at OT before I got it.

IMG_1322.jpg

The body has definately shifted to a more blue green but again let me hilight my poor photo taking skills.

Miami Hurricane? I wish it was, and I would be a very rich man since I have a pretty good sized one (in today's chalice standard). The only problem is it is on the base rock. But if it is Miami Hurricane, I think I can justify tearing down the tank :D.

I actually wanted to play, and I spent five minutes thinking about what to say, then I realized that I do not have a sports moment :( Sad!

Wow that color reminds me similar of the Tongan acan (unsure of species) I got way back when... however it's more closely resembling a (sub)/echinata.

And yeah, I have a pic of that somewhere (I think it was like 1st grade photos.. yes my dad made me wear that.. but I was too young to protest), luckily it is not in a digital format and I lack a scanner :p

Hey Bryan I would like to play I have experience with LPS and would like to pick it up at the meting next weekend.

As far as a most memorable sports moment, Sad but memorable I am a NASCAR fan so it would have to be the Daytona 500 when Dale Earnhardt defended third place so that his son and best friend could battle for the victory. Unfortunately he died that day in a crash on the last lap protecting his son's victory. Tragic but memorable. It defiantly shows the passion a father has to see their son succeed.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/298653/nascar_dale_earnhardt_crash/

Update. I won't be able to make the meeting this weekend.

That said I can't believe I have only 2 players of this game. Cmon now it ain't that hard.

I'll play along

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PPhbHMaf7k

this is when Vince Carter dunked over 7'2" Weis at the 2000 Olympic games. I just remember almost shitting on myself watching this

I'll play, this is the only version of it I could find online, the audio is kind of jacked up but I'm sure you've seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVeLpefrm98

If I could find a video that brought back the memories of the 2004 ALCS I would post it up. I once read that being a Red Sox fan was like being in an abusive relationship, no matter how much they beat you up, you still come back and love them just the same. It couldn't have been more true during the first 3 games of the ALCS, especially after the game 3 raping of the Sox. Still, staying up until midnight to watch the Sox games, everyone and I mean EVERYONE in the office being tired as hell, pissed off, then happy as pigs in 'ish, I swear the mood of the entire 1100 person office was dependent on the outcome of the Sox game that night. I'm getting chills writing about it now.

I'll finish with this, one of my favorite sox pictures:
kid-saying-yankees-suck.jpg

Great idea Bryan!

I'll play along. My all-time favorite sports moment would be the Cal-Stanford "Play" in 1982 for obvious reasons because I'm a huge Cal fan. A lot of people forget that John Elway made a miraculous drive moments before to take the lead, only to call timeout way too early, have the kickoff returned in a wild series of pitches culminating in Kevin Moen dicing through the Stanford band and plowing over the trombone player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aCDfJH6eRY

But to be fair, I never witnessed it live so one of my favorite sports moments was the 3OT against USC in 2003. It was a war the entire game and Cal was a huge underdog. Obviously, the most dramatic moments of the game were the OT periods where both teams made HUGE plays to try and win the game (Cal forcing a fumble when USC was knocking on the doorstep of the endzone, USC blocking a FG, etc.). Of course we all know Cal pulled it off in the end and I have to admit I almost shed a tear...Sorry this is the entire game highlights so you'll have to scroll to the beginning of the OT periods near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3YwLCMUOU

Ooh-ooh my turn:

Baron Davis dunks on AK

Why?
1) GO WARRIORS!!!
2) No better dunk on a big man in the playoffs - Kevin Johnson comes close, John Starks was tight, but a hand in the defender's face, while getting dipped on, followed by a technical foul for taunting, tops it all off.
3) I've been waiting for the Warriors to get to the playoffs for most of my recent life, and this just added the exclamation point to all that anxious waiting.
4) GO WARRIORS!!!

Two of my favorite sports moments
1) Watching the Newark Memorial HS BB team play the state title against Compton-Dominguez from the heart of LA. Tysone Chandler played for C-D. We sat right behind the basket at Arco and screamed out the seconds that Chandler was in the lane. Got up to 8 & 9 seconds sometimes. He was shooting from 3 feet while our center bombed threes from outside. They had like 4 or 5 guy over 6'6", we had two. Awesome game! We lost by 8 or something.
2) From back in the Raiders glory days with Stabler and Blanda. The Raiders were driving at the very end of the game, as they always did, when Stabler lofted a pass to Belitnikoff in the corner of the endzone. Bill King's call was classic. " Belitnikoff stretches to the Nth degree. TOUCHDOWN RRRRRRRAIDERS" Classic Bill King. I can still hear it. I have no clue if that's on Utube or not.

DurTBear said:
Great idea Bryan!

But to be fair, I never witnessed it live so one of my favorite sports moments was the 3OT against USC in 2003. It was a war the entire game and Cal was a huge underdog. Obviously, the most dramatic moments of the game were the OT periods where both teams made HUGE plays to try and win the game (Cal forcing a fumble when USC was knocking on the doorstep of the endzone, USC blocking a FG, etc.). Of course we all know Cal pulled it off in the end and I have to admit I almost shed a tear...Sorry this is the entire game highlights so you'll have to scroll to the beginning of the OT periods near the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3YwLCMUOU

See I don't even need to watch it because I was actually at this game too. Was actually the first West coast college football game I went to. Gave me some hope that college football existed outside of the South.

Winner #1 btw- Durwin.

Keep em coming I am still teetering between a couple for pick #2

Scratch that. Steve you get the second one for having a FSU alumni in your favorite moment. Biletnikoff... king of the stickum graduated from Florida State in 1965.

This was the best I could dig up on your "moment". Did they have TV back then?

http://www.raiders.com/common/article.aspx?id=37980

Back