Cali Kid Corals

Acro. granulosa

That looks like the "FAD" coral, when I received a piece of the real deal "AD" it was way more green than it is in my tank. In my tank the FAD and the AD are both teal.

AFA RTN on the granny, I wish I could figure it out, at this point the colony (about 5"X5") has been a rock lately, with no signs of its initial finickyness. It was just really hard to get it to anything but encrust and turn brown when I first got it. As you can see its developed color (I have the lamest camera in the club I bet), and really started to kick ass. I have the colony up high, and the plug it came on down low, and it does not seem to matter too much where it's at light wise, or flow both spots differ greatly.

BTW, I pretty sure that's the FAD b/c of the weed like growth as well, look at that thing, I gave you a flake....

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2625.msg28591#msg28591 date=1198117552]BTW, I pretty sure that's the FAD b/c of the weed like growth as well, look at that thing, I gave you a flake....
[/quote]
Oh ok. That's what I thought originally, but the last pic threw me :D I'll post the FAD on your other thread.

Won't be able to make it to the next meeting, Jeremy. Not sure if you want to hold onto it; if not, I'll just wait for another gen to pop up.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2625.msg39828#msg39828 date=1207460153]
Won't be able to make it to the next meeting, Jeremy. Not sure if you want to hold onto it; if not, I'll just wait for another gen to pop up.
[/quote]

I can cut you a piece anytime Eric, the colony is getting pretty big.
[quote author=tonggao link=topic=2625.msg39838#msg39838 date=1207464343]
Jeremy, could I have a frag? I will be at the meeting next week. Thanks!
[/quote] No problem Tong.

Dunno muscle, this is a pretty difficult coral, and I have no idea what your setup is like. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd feel more comfortable if I had a clue where it's going, as I have no idea about your capacity as a reefkeeper (not that I'm in possession of "mad skills").

If you started a tank thread, or contributed info to the forum discussions I'd gladly hook you up.

Back