Neptune Aquatics

Acropora awi

Ibn

Picked this one up due to it's unusual growth pattern; reminds me of the echinata. Not 100% positive on the description, other than the fact that it's not an echinata; possibly a A. awi according to Karl.

2 small frags available, about 3/4" each.

Acropora%20awi.jpg

Pickup at the BBQ, meet, or any time after 6 PM on weekdays.

Thanks. Instead of the colors, I bought this one for the shape.

Sure thing, Perry. I'll make a frag for you and drop it off. Haven't seen your tank in awhile, so I'll contact you sometime this coming week.

Yup, they do open up. It's very much like A. echinata, with the polyps at the end of each. Even the other frag that I brought back is showing the polyp extension.

Still have a frag of this left if anyone is interested. jkreefer?

Perry, didn't see any polyp extension on the frag at your place, but here are some that are on the parent colony.
Acropora%20awi01.jpg

They're relatively small vs. something like the raspberry millepora. ;)
Raspberry%20A.%20millepora01.jpg

Wow. That is so pretty.

I moved the frag a little bit more lower but polyps still won't come out. I guess I might just have to wait more time before I move it again.

Yeah, I think the color is finally showing up. The main body is going reddish/brown and there's a hint of purple showing up on the tips. The polyps are tiny (went 1:1 on the lens and then stacked 68mm of extension tubes to get that shot).

Yup, still have the frag that JK wasn't able to pick up. You're welcomed to it if you want. If JK still wants it, I'll just frag him a new piece. Next meet?

Back