Jestersix

Acropora ID?

Chromis

Supporting Member
I picked this up at Neptune’s a couple months back, was a random mariculture or wild I don’t remember, can anyone ID what kind of acropora species this might be? Or what named corals it might be the same species as? It’s light blue with maroon polyps (close to the same same color as the maroon coralline rock under it).

I thought it might be a Nasuta but the corallites don’t match (not as rounded), and usually horrida has a darker blue base with lighter polyps and different corallites right?

It seems a little less happy with high light and flow than my other corals when they were moved into the new tank, but if anything he blue and red has gotten deeper in brighter light (no lightening at all) but the skinnier branches makes me wonder if it was a deep water coral...
207e95a09605f117fad7f154a7b32323.jpg

Hard to say at the moment, until it grows a bit larger and starts showing more of its growth characteristics (table, bottlebrush, etc). Robert has been bringing in a number of Aussie pieces and this looks like one of them. Most likely a wild non-maricultured piece that was cut up for frags just looking at its size.

Back