Cali Kid Corals

Advice Please- Two Little Fishies ATLAS3B Aquastik

Hi All,

I used Two Little Fishies ATLAS3B Aquastik to stick 4 frag plugs on my live rock 2 days ago. Since then many of my corals are closing up and generally don't look healthy anymore. My mandarin fish is also acting weird.

Has anyone used this stuff before? Or know if this is related to my unhappy corals? Its does say it is fish and coral safe, just to turn off the skimmer for 36 hours.

I'm a bit worried, any advice welcome

I used it before with no ill effects. Has to be something else going on in your tank. I would of left the skimmer on. I would use the gel type crazy glue in the future.

thanks guys, things are looking better today... just the palys are closed oddly.

i did leave the skimmer on for a while and there was foam everywhere. I think I used too much in my 30gal... next time one at a time.

u live and learn, no real harm done

I've used this stuff before without negative impact in both of our previous nano tanks (20 and 29 gallons). How much did you use?

I would guess something else was going on (substrate disturbed and released something?) or you used a very large quantity of epoxy.

When you're mounting corals, it's a bit complicated to get a good bond. I usually use a small amount of epoxy putty (like Aquastik) to fit the mounting location, but then reef safe super glue (Ecotech coral glue) on both sides of the epoxy. The epoxy does not have stickiness to make a meaningful bond to rock or frag plugs, however it does create structure and shape to allow a large surface area for bonding.

In general, you shouldn't have to use more than a smidge of epoxy depending on what you're attaching.

Back