Reef nutrition

Advice

The problem is your pictures are small so you need to zoom in quite a bit, and then you have resolution issues. But maybe this helps you see the relation?

o1NcTNZ.png

I mean now. Has he filled it? Or just worries about how it looks? Is it just missing some extra silicone surrounding the seam, or is there a problem with the actual seam?

The problem is your pictures are small so you need to zoom in quite a bit, and then you have resolution issues. But maybe this helps you see the relation?

o1NcTNZ.png

Thanks for that. I do see some missing silicon in the two circled areas, but he is indicating that there is a four inch split in the glass.

He did say that Aqua Lab will reseal for $700.00. I'm leaning toward offering to pay for half of that. Trent at CDA completely rebuilt a tank for me (30X30) when one side was completely cracked for $500.00 so I think my offer of $350.00 to reseal is fair. Thoughts?

Thanks for that. I do see some missing silicon in the two circled areas, but he is indicating that there is a four inch split in the glass.
The missing silicone is the rest of it. It's an air bubble from seam failure. This type of thing commonly happens when the manufacturer does not leave enough space for the silicone and squeezes most of it out.

He did say that Aqua Lab will reseal for $700.00. I'm leaning toward offering to pay for half of that. Trent at CDA completely rebuilt a tank for me (30X30) when one side was completely cracked for $500.00 so I think my offer of $350.00 to reseal is fair. Thoughts?
I personally think the fair thing would be to refund the whole amount and take the tank back or pay fully to reseal that panel.

Maybe I'm seeing/interpreting the pictures wrong, but the circled parts are simply two little places where pieces of silicone ARE present just to get scale of things between different pictures not to represent little bubbles in the silicone, the rest of it looks to be devoid of silicone, using the dark black as meaning silicone is present there.

Maybe I'm seeing/interpreting the pictures wrong, but the circled parts are simply two little places where pieces of silicone ARE present just to get scale of things between different pictures not to represent little bubbles in the silicone, the rest of it looks to be devoid of silicone, using the dark black as meaning silicone is present there.
That is what I see as well.

No those are actually small areas of missing silicon. If the one inch wide silicon seam was missing completely everyone would have immediately;y noticed including the buyer.

That is what I see as well.

I see what you're seeing, but I know it's not that way. No way that sits in my living room for years full and I don't notice. No way it sit's empty in my living room for over a week and I don't notice -- and the buyer doesn't either. Dozens of BAR members have seen that tank and no one has noticed?

No those are actually small areas of missing silicon. If the one inch wide silicon seam was missing completely everyone would have immediately;y noticed including the buyer.
Well, that’s what I don’t understand. In the buyer’s pictures it’s so obvious. The defect is inches long. How is it that you, the people helping you take it down, his friend, and he himself didn’t see such a large glaring imperfection?

If I was in the buyer’s situation and I knew I’d been very careful in transporting it, and knew I didn’t damage it, I’d be kicking myself for not catching it. I wouldn’t place any blame on the seller though.

I see what you're seeing, but I know it's not that way. No way that sits in my living room for years full and I don't notice. No way it sit's empty in my living room for over a week and I don't notice -- and the buyer doesn't either. Dozens of BAR members have seen that tank and no one has noticed?
I can tell you one thing. I've seen a couple tanks have seams that look worse when emptied.

Last edited:
Back