Reef nutrition

Aerating a nano

I am moving my pair of clowns into an ADA 7.5g tank -I don't use protein skimmers nowadays, and am just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on keeping a nano aerated? I am thinking of just using a small airpump -seems like the best option unless someone mentions something else?

treylane said:
Make sure you've got enough flow in there to disturb the surface of the water, and you should be alright.

Thanks for your input :)
I'll be using an MP10 (closer to the surface of the water) for circulation, but the current won't cause the surface of the water to "break" or really "agitate." The surface will be wavy and moving though -I didn't know this would promote gas exchange?

A_Lee said:
treylane said:
Make sure you've got enough flow in there to disturb the surface of the water, and you should be alright.

I'll be using an MP10 (closer to the surface of the water) for circulation, but the current won't cause the surface of the water to "break" or really "agitate." The surface will be wavy and moving though -I didn't know this would promote gas exchange?

It does. Not as great as breaking the surface, but it should be plenty for you in your situation.

GreshamH said:
A_Lee said:
treylane said:

It does. Not as great as breaking the surface, but it should be plenty for you in your situation.

As always, thanks for your input Gresham -looks like this tank will have no airpump! Sweet!

Back