Our mission

African Flameback Angels

Sooo... I've been looking for some sort of 'showpiece' fish, and after reading every forum, going through the angels/butterflies book (twice) and remembering that I have a small tank and a terrible history trying to keep any even SLIGHTLY-touchy fish long-term, the best I could convince myself of was an African Flameback angel.

And lo and behold, one shows up on Diver's Den, yay me! .... and the next day another one shows up on Diver's den, slightly smaller than the first. Yay, a pair!

Soooo now we hit hindsight. I've never kept any sort of angel before, and what I've read says that a larger size difference individuals would be way better when attempting to pair them. How screwed am I? And in case this doesn't work out, any takers on a 2" flameback angel? :D

I do not think that you should try to pair them unless they are already paired because Dwarf angelfish attack their own kind. Though you could try it if you want to. :) Also I am guessing they are wild caught so you do not what they are thinking, like I had one that would not eat dried seaweed made for angels and tangs. Also how old are they?

If it doesn't work out, I'll house one. IME, dwarf angels are pretty aggressive. All you need is for one of them to be overly aggressive and the other one is toast. If you have a large tank, your chances of keeping two increase by a lot. Pairing still seems slim but as said, might be worth a shot in a large tank

Back