Jestersix

agaricia agaricites

This carribean coral was grown out by me over many years from a tiny hitchhiker on a cluster duster rock. Needless to say, it's pretty rare to be able to get a non Pacific coral. Very interesting textural coral. 1 piece available for pickup at 1477 San Pablo Ave. in Berkeley. I would like this to go into a stable tank so a little description of your system, it's age and what it does well with would help.

Jim, does this one have a skeleton with waves?

I picked up a dry rock along the way somewhere that had a texture like sand will make around tide pools as the water flows over it making ripples in the sand. A very interesting texture.

Please consider me.
It would also give me a good excuse to get to your shop.
210 gallon primarily sps lps about 15 fish 2 years old stable over a year.

I've seen Jar's tanks, it's well worthy of this coral Jim :D

OH yeah, but only when the seas die down a little. We had small craft advisories down here just up until the other day. My desktop alert was going nuts.

Jim,

Pretty sure I have this one too almost looks undata like with folds?

Pic

agariciaagaricites2of1.jpg

I had thought it was agracia lamarcki but I would go with your id over mine.

Sure Jar, come and get it.
Bryan, where did you get your piece?
Ck out the pic at the top of pg. 173 in vol.2 of JEN Veron,
the pic caption is written in reverse order, citing the coral on the right (agaricites) first, then the lamarcki on the left.

Yes. I got it from el presedente via Rich.

I will look at my Vernon books tonight. I pulled it up from this site and it looks pretty darn similar to the lamarki. that said i would trust your id over mine any time.

http://coastal.er.usgs.gov/pulley-ridge/stonycorals.html

yup, Rich got it from me.
I also gave some out in a thread titled 'bookfish unknown" or something...
Seems like this species is finally getting established here.

seminolecpa said:
Yes. I got it from el presedente via Rich.

I will look at my Vernon books tonight. I pulled it up from this site and it looks pretty darn similar to the lamarki. that said i would trust your id over mine any time.

http://coastal.er.usgs.gov/pulley-ridge/stonycorals.html
What an annoying page!
Their "lamarcki' seems to be either blue or green (different day of the week?)
I think they just mislabeled the pic of agaricites with the lamarcki caption.

I made it in there on Saturday after the BAR meeting but you were quite busy talking to a customer.
Then, while I was checking out all the amazing tanks and frags you got in another in depth conversation with another customer.
I did not want to interrupt you for my DBTC frag and I needed to go home to get the family and go the Giants game.
I will try to get in there another time.
Really great store!
You should be proud!
Especially if you can make some $$$$

Back