Neptune Aquatics

Alve's tank today, thanks to BAR!

Marshall Islands Tri-Color 04/28/08:
Tricolor0428.jpg

11/25/08 (this is actually from just one branch of the April picture, the second branch was fragged and went into DBTC)
tricolor1125.jpg

I purchased three nice frags from the BAR tank at BAYMAC: Pink Lemonade, Pink Jade and Tyree Bali Tri color. Very nice pieces!
These together with the ATL Bonsai, ATL Purple Godzilla, Ultra Teal Tort, Red Milli, Rasberry Milli, Ultra Arculeus purchased from Atlantis will make nice DBTC additions in the future.

I love the color on the Aqua Delight frag from Jeremy, thanks again for that! Here's a picture from when I just put it in the frag tank after dipping:
AquaDelight.jpg

[quote author=alve link=topic=3453.msg66080#msg66080 date=1227682688]
Marshall Islands Tri-Color 04/28/08:

[/quote]

Is that the ORA? I have a nice little colony of that, one of my favorite tri-colors.

Jeremy, I am not sure if it is the ORA. I got this piece from Qwiv in April and he got it originally from Dolphin and said it was not labeled as an ORA frag.

Lastly an FTS picture from today. As you can see, still looks like a big frag tank but it has gotten a lot better compared with the first FTS shot in this tread ;D

FTS112608.jpg

[quote author=alve link=topic=3453.msg66120#msg66120 date=1227721491]
Jeremy, I am not sure if it is the ORA. I got this piece from Qwiv in April and he got it originally from Dolphin and said it was not labeled as an ORA frag.
[/quote]

OK I have a full colony of Jeff's (Qwiv), and a small colony of the ORA and they are different.

Tank looks good BTW.

I like the fact that you have everything spaced out well. Things will look really good once everything grows in.

I'm liking the rock structure. Very similar to what I'm going for in my current tank build. How tall is the back right rock column? What was your method for securing everything?

Thanks guys!

I used acrylic blind rods from Home Depot. They don't look very strong and you can snap them when you hold them at the ends and bend them but I noticed a short piece is very difficult to snap. I tried it out with the dry rock I had and it worked very well. I used one long piece through all of them and on a couple pillars I drilled a second hole all the way down and used a second rod. Since the whole length of the rod is going through the rock it can not bend so it doesn't snap easily.
I had more rock in my 100g then what I used for the pillars so I put that in the sump to still have the advantage of having a more rock then you see to help with filtration.

Jeff, the back right column is 20inches and it is only supported with the acrylic rods.

Here is a picture of them purchased from Home Depot (they also have them at Orchard):
030208Pic1.jpg

Jeremy, I purchased the Bali Tri-Color from the BAR tank at BAYMAC and compared with the Marshall Islands Tri-color it is so different. I like them both very much. Is the ORA a Bali Tri-color??

Thanks Aldie on the rod info! I bet i've walked the isles of home depot a hundred times looking for an "acrylic rod". Never occured to me to use the ones for blinds. :-[ Kinda feel stupid now. Thanks for the info. I know if the tank i'm setting up now I'm wanting to have two of the towers in the 20-24" range. Great to see an example of what it can look like. Great tank you've got going!

Aldie, you did the stand, electrical and the plumbing, oh yeah and the sump all by yourself!!! What are you some kind of superman, or should I say super reefer???? How much did it cost you to put that stand together? I will hopefully be upgrading soon, if I can find a tank at the right price. I would love some help from you!!! The stand is amazing as well as everything else!!!!! Keep up the fantastic work my friend!!!!

Kenny, I did do everything myself but am far from a superman ;D I honestly have no idea how much the stand costs because it took me several months from start to finish to finish. I work 6 days a week so I don't have much spare time. I used a lot of hardwood and if I would guess with all wood, screws, stain, polymer... it probably ran around $500. You could make them a lot cheaper with plywood and I did overbuild it so it would be super strong.
If you have any questions just let me know and I will try to help you. Unfortunately I don't have much spare time on my hands since I have a major project to finish before April. After that work gets too busy again when I work 12hr+ days. If I don't have my Harley finished by April I will not be doing any riding at all this summer :'(.

Back