Our mission

an offering for DBTC contributors only-Calfo pulsing sinularia frag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made two frags of this this evening. Hopefully they will do well and be available at the DEC meeting. Tried to do a DBTC-X poll but I guess they only work at the top of a post? The frags are small. Pass two on please.

I need to trim my colonies again. 2 lg.frags each of Calfo tan and bookfish red pulsing sinularia. 1 frag per person so 4 people can get frags. Fresh cuts only and still the original guidelines at the top of this thread apply. Pickup at Albany Aquarium anytime we're open.

I'll go for a tan one as well. Would like red since my tank is lacking in the red department but the tan will be loved just as well! Thanks!!!

The "red" is not "red" per se. More of a reddish brown in comparison to the calfo tan morph.Interestingly though, if kept under intense lighting, the rind goes yellowish. If anyone is looking for a real red coral this isn't it.

I'd still like to give it a try. When you say "high" lights, just how much is it? What is it's range?

I keep it pretty much directly under a 175w 20k mh but when it was under the 250w 20k bulb it color shifted to the more yellowish rind. This also happened in another tank I sent it to.

OK, great! I wanted to put it in a med. light tank with other softies and polyps. I really need to expand the variety in this upcoming tank. Aside from polyps, I have only a couple Sarcophytons and mushrooms going in. Oh, and a couple hitch hiker Kenya tree corals. I need to give the vast majority back to you. :D

Thanks Bookfish, how should I get it from you?

One looks good. 1 has no polyp extension, yet. But mine sat there like that for months before I moved it and it started to grow. So, Phong and Sherri get frags at the meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back