got ethical husbandry?

an offering for DBTC contributors only-Calfo pulsing sinularia frag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is in very moderate flow. In looking at it again, maybe it's not pulsing as much as swaying in the current. Whichever, I like it's movement.

My OS rabbitfish (named 'seapig')has developed a taste for this softie. I'll be bringing it in to work and will set up some frags for DBTC.
He likes to eat the other pulsing sinularia too.
"Bad seapig!"

Frag made it home safe and sound and was delighted to be given a long term lease on a little corner of the reef! Very interesting piece. It really "puffed up" big time just as soon as it hit the water. I'll post pics once I figure a spot on the reef for it. Thanks mucho, Steve! Great to see you at the meeting. :bigsmile:

You're welcome. I'm really surprised this coral doesn't have a wider distribution (at least according to the dbtc records).

Update: Living happily at the bottom of the tank. :)
IMG_1194-1.jpg

With the current in my tank, it's hard to tell. Even my blastos inflate like crazy and look like they are pulsing as the MP-40's go through their random program. This is a very interesting and unusual coral. I originally mounted it mid point in the tank but found it developed a temporary case of E.D. :~ and retracted . I moved it to the bottom and it re-inflated :* and reopened right away. It can be very limp but not as much as a deflated as a xenia. Quite an interesting transformation to observe. Despite it's somewhat bland color, it's a very welcome addition to my little world. It's showing all the signs of pushing out new growth so I'll be should be able to put a couple DBTC frags back into the system in just a few months.

screebo said:
With the current in my tank, it's hard to tell. Even my blastos inflate like crazy and look like they are pulsing as the MP-40's go through their random program. This is a very interesting and unusual coral. I originally mounted it mid point in the tank but found it developed a temporary case of E.D. :~ and retracted . I moved it to the bottom and it re-inflated :* and reopened right away. It can be very limp but not as much as a deflated as a xenia. Quite an interesting transformation to observe. Despite it's somewhat bland color, it's a very welcome addition to my little world. It's showing all the signs of pushing out new growth so I'll be should be able to put a couple DBTC frags back into the system in just a few months.
It's always nice when brown or tan corals can feel the love too. Not all corals have to be dayglo colored to be interesting. Since you like this, stop by and I'll give you a piece of the other pulsing sinularia if you don't already have it.

Jim,
Your experience and knowledge are surpassed by your generosity. I'd love a frag of the other pulsing sinaularia. Not only is the coral rare and interesting, the "Hand Carried by Tony Calfo" (one of my reef heros) makes it even better! I'll call first before heading over the bridge to be sure you are in the shop. Many, many thanks. I just LOVE reefing. Even more than flying RC Heli's! :bigsmile:

No need to call, I'm there every day 11-7 except Tuesday and Wed. And today I won't be in till the afternoon, had a shipment late last night and I need to go buy some new socks. See how exciting my life is!!

Ok Roberto, it's yours. Can you pick up at Baymac?

Thanks John... Others in this club are better growers than I though. I'm pretty decent with chalices, LPS, softies and nems... I struggle with SPS due to pests and the fact that I have to take business trips all the time which means I routinely have little mini-crashes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back