got ethical husbandry?

Anathema's collection of spare parts. 57G

New years full tank shot:

57gfulltank.jpg

Cropped out all the equipment because it's a random collection of pieces that looks less "modern tank" and more "modern garage sale tank."

Spent some time tonight looking thru the pics and picked a few that I thought were ok:

rightside.jpg

midright.jpg

austra.jpg

meanfavia.jpg

tubipora.jpg

litholob.jpg

The last one I'm really excited about, I've ID'ed it as a lithophyllon lobata with my limited ID knowledge. It came in kind of discolored and "metallic brown" but it's turning more orange every day. I think it will be really nice, and much more fraggable than a regular fungia!

The Xmas coral is no trouble at all compared to the big red&green not 100% sure what it is coral. It was given to me as a trachyphyllia, but I lean towards it being a symphyllia, just a huge one. That thing incinerates anything near it, it's eaten a chalice, a montipora, and is already torching the birdsnest to the left of it. Luckily I have other frags of each of the corals I've put near it, so I haven't really lost anything.

I've always ended up with too many corals crammed into all my tanks, I just might have an addictive personality.

Thanks for the compliment also. :)

Great aquascaping & nice array of LPS colonies. That's a beautiful white/green pipe organ colony... do you target feed the polyps?

Thanks! :)

No I don't directly feed organ pipe corals, but they can be finicky for sure. I've always really liked them and there are some neat color combinations, they are like a safer version of GSP.

Man that's a nice tank, clean set-up, crayola box.
I like the way you set up the Seaswirls, I should have kept mine.
BTW, the PH is doing well.

Back