Reef nutrition

Anemone help!

What is this white stuff? I found him in the filter back with This stuff. My LFS is stumped

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 295
it's part of the flesh. They will show that when damaged or spitting( tearing themselves apart)
In right conditions it should heal up.
no problems

image.jpg

Look at my flame tip nem when I first received it. Drip acclimation, into my tank and it was looking beautiful for months....until I killed it by dosing.

Anyways so you have an anemone now! And its not looking good :(

Two things I see wrong with it in your picture.

1) shrunk and guts coming out

2) its slightly bleached. Bubble tips are not suppose to be white/pink. You will see pink BTAs but those are rare. Most white/pink bubble tips look that way because theyve lost a good amount of their zooxanthelle, the stuff that allows them to photosynthesize.

What to do? Move him to an area in your tank that does not get too much flow or too much light. Help him attach to the rock. He will move when its ready.

Some people do recommend feeding, i do recommend feeding it a little mysis. Dont stuff him with big anchovies, he'll probably throw it up or let it go.

I bought the anemone off a dude at my LFS. It was more colorful and cheaper than the LFS was and he split into 3. Scared me shitless. It was my first anemone. But he is good. He is just chillin. I moved him to a area with less flow. Will it recover?

Not sure if it will recover. Pay attention to it. If it deflates or spits black stuff regularly, probably gonna die. But yeah keep an eye on it.

An anemone should not be moving around forever. It should find a spot and stay put. If it keeps moving, its having issues finding a good spot in your tank with the appropriate flow/light/tank conditions.

^ He's absolutely correct.

Monitor your levels very diligently for the next couple days. Do not touch him at all and let him do its own thing. However, when it has completely deflated, lost color, and looks like MUSH. Siphon him out immediately as he will destroy your parameters and your tank in the process.

Back