Announcement: BAR Facebook Group page

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Enderturtle, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

We now have a facebook group page. It's a closed group which means, your posts in the group page will not show up on people's newsfeed unless they also join the group.

Another place where we can post reef stuff!

fbpage.png

But enderturtle, why join another facebook coral group page, there's already 4 groups for the bay area. Well this one will be ran by BAR. We have the money and the experience with holding events, contests, and giveaways.

We are not switching to facebook, this is just another group for those that want to use facebook. I will be posting the same events and contest announcements there as well.

Here's the link to the group page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BayAreaReefers/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Man, I never go on Facebook. I'll be missing out on all those conversations.

3. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

The downside to facebook groups is the conversations are never long or as detailed as here.

In fact I think that is the main appeal of facebook groups. Fast and easy posts.

4. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

kinda cool

5. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

The FB group thing came up a while ago and BOD decided not to have it. Lets give it a try now and see how things go :)

6. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Mike,

I started a FB BAR group page when I was vp. It was used to update members of events on the calender, ask questions to speakers, etc.

Enderturtle likes this.
  7. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Not sure what happened to the old group.

This current one im planning on essentially replicating the 916 reef club's facebook group.

Their group has about 700 members with tons of people posting everyday.

"Bay area coral lovers" is the equivalent to 916 except its just a bunch of random people selling things. Theres no club component and it doesnt provide anything but Sales Posts and the occasional discussion.

Anyways, we're at 33 Members so far! Join up, post stuff. Ill be posting event info on the forum and the facebook group.

gimmito likes this.
  8. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

This might just get me to start using fb. Might, is the key word.

9. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

LOL...I had to get a FB account due to my new new job...:eek:

10. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Hahaha and here I thought your wife convinced you!

Oh well thanks for joining :)

11. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Of course I will join now that I have one :), Thanks for setting it up.