Reef nutrition

Another person new to reefs and the Bay Area

Sorry, that may not be the best idea. ...
I agree -- I asked already and my landlord did agree to up the limit to 25G. So I'll work within those confines. I do not want to be liable for damage. I am on the second floor with an apartment below me and the landlord said if I was on the first floor, larger might be okay. So I think that is very reasonable from their side.

I did get renters insurance just in case but what exactly that covers is not clear.

I have a 40g my landlord said no pets of any kind. Several people have inspected my place and commented on how neat the tank is.

I imagine if the tank leaked and shit hit the fan it would suck. But i do my best and have not had a leak.

Where in the bay area are you located?

I you can get yourself a 40B, that would be a great place to start. If not, a 20g is not the end of the world and I always loved having my 20g tanks. Either way I noticed you said you wanted to get in to propagating. If so you will first need to have a very stable reef and coral that are actually growing enough to be propagated. Once you have established your tank then you can start propagating and its quite easy, if you have the right equipment. Just remember, keep your reef stable, always maintain your equipment, test your water and always dip and acclimate all new fish and coral! Good Luck!

Thanks swayd. I'm thinking a 20G tank plus a small sump would be acceptable (it should be right around 25G I'm guessing with the live rock and other equipment taking up space and the sump won't be full of course).

Last edited:
Back