Neptune Aquatics

Anthellia Losing Tentacles/Sweepers?

Lately my antellia's sweepers/tentacles or whatever have been falling off. They just seem to shrivel up and fall off the "stem" (or branch?). I'm just curious why this is happening. I've had this particular piece for about 18 months and it has done very well.

You mean the branches are dropping from your anthellia?

Or are you talking about another coral that actually has sweepers or tentacles?

Mr. Ugly said:
You mean the branches are dropping from your anthellia?

Or are you talking about another coral that actually has sweepers or tentacles?

I mean the little things that look like dusters or feathers at the top of the branches. The branches are doing fine.

picture? I would suggest checking your ph? if you can't try a water change - that won't hurt anything. Also think back on what you changed recently in the tank.

triton77 said:
from my understanding thats how they actually multiply?.......kind of similar to colt corals and kenya trees.

+1 that's how they take over your tank and you wish you never put them in there.

Yah I got one petal as a gift and it took over my first tank :lol:

They're just like Tribbles!!!

tribbles.jpg

If you use Joe's Juice on them |( , tweezer all that you can pull or scrape off your L/R, you'll still have plenty left after they "come back" from the dead. Note: Joe's is made to kill parasitic anemones but can be selectively used to kill some other nuisance animals. My lovely Star Gazer clove polyps are doing the same thing: moving into other neighborhoods! :davie:

Back