got ethical husbandry?

Any Euro Reef RS250 users out there?

Trying to design a sump and was wondering what water level people submerge their Euro Reef RS250 skimmers. I'm thinking of having the water level be 10" and if I need to, I can raise the skimmer ~5" if I need to. But curious as to what other users do. Thanks!

I have a RS 180 and I use a acrylic riser to b ring it up to the 7" recomended water height. If I remember correctly the recomended water height on a RS 280 is 9" so if you want a 10" high sump baffle you only need to raise the skimmer 1". It is also a recomended height for idle opperation, you do not need to raise it, but I would stronly recomend it.

You making the sump yourself or getting it made. Gen makes adjustable baffles where you can lower or raise it to the water height you like.

I bet 10" will work fine. I'd try it first and raise up only if needed. I think constant water height is more important than an exact height

Ok thanks guys. I think I'll stick with a 9-10" baffle and raise the skimmer if necessary. I can ultimately raise the skimmer about 5-6" (skimmer is 30" tall and the room under the stand will be 36" tall) if I need to.

John, I'm planning to have it made since I'm trying to get a package deal on a stand, canopy and sump. But having an adjustable baffle sounds cool!

Back