Kessil

Any place in SF that sells RODI water or saltwater?

The place on 6the ave does but I dunno what quality it is. Ocean Treasures also used to sell it, but I think there were limited times you could get it.

I've picked it up at Ocean Treasures in Bayview a couple of times, but you can only get it on Weds. Last time I got salt water, the specific gravity pegged my hydrometer, which was a pain. I make the trip to Natural Life in South SF for RO and filtered seawater these days. Setting aside my feelings about 6th Ave, I can't imagine lugging a couple of carboys the 8 or so blocks from the store to wherever you managed to park...

I know natural life carries them, but it just doesn't feel that hospitable whenever I walk in. That's the vibe I get from the owner.

I usually pick my water up from Neptunes on my way back from school, but since I'm graduating soon it doesn't feel worth it for me to make the trip just for water.

Hey Michael, I have an old RO unit, needs filters, maybe changing the tubing; small investment but free if you want it.
Just the trip to SF

Haha don't worry about the guy at Natural Life.

He's not very friendly but that doesn't mean you can't buy ro water from him. Not sure what the quality of the water is though.

Yeah, he's not the warmest guy at first, but once I started talking with him, he's pretty friendly (at least with me). Have had no issues with their water, and went through quite a bit of it doing battle with a cyano outbreak recently. Even though, I guess it goes without saying to always check the salinity of any salt water you buy before using it.

Ultimately, I do need to get an RO system.

I didn't think I had room either, but was able to stick out of the way under the bathroom sink. When I want to run it I just turn a valve off the cold water line.

image.jpeg

Still live with my parents, they wouldn't be too happy with such a thing in the bathroom. I would like to put it in the garage sink.. but its filled with stuff for my other hobby.. ):

Back