Any plans for a group buy for Reeflux bulbs?

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by nash, Mar 22, 2007.

1. nash

nash Guest

Hi
    I could use 2 250w 12k if anyone plans to start one.
    Thanks ;)

2. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

i would love this in a few months. i'm thinking about getting 2 lumenarc 250w 10 reeflux. hmm. maybe i'll look into that.

3. Elite

Elite Guest

I'm in for 2 in 2-3 months.. ;D

4. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Just buy at reef extiocs free shipping $60 for SE bulb ea. I bought some last month. I am trying the 10 K reeflux to see if I get better growth. I currently have the 12K and will be switching out.

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah, you're not going to get that good of a price break on any group buy for something that is rarely changed (6-12 months), so why even hassle with it.

Dudley, when I switched I got one bulb as a 10k just to see the difference between the two side by side with new bulbs. Blues tend to pop nicer, I'm still on the edge whether or not I am getting any better growth though. They still have a bit of yellow to them that I really don't like.. (that or it could be organic matter in my tank :D)

6. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

10k get a little yellow

12k get pinker

7. Elite

Elite Guest

I think I can get them for around $50 each but I need to make sure. If we buy like 10 bulbs, then I give a guy a call. :)

The color is really depend on the ballast you use. 12K on a coralvue ballast is really nice white with a little bit of blue. On an IC ballast, hella blue/purple.

8. Thales

Thales Past President

What about PFO ballasts? :D

9. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

hella blue purple for the first month you burn in, and then after that hint of blue.

My 14K Phoenix was hella blue like Reeflux during burn in.

10. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

11. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

yup hella

vs.

so. cal where it is hecka

:D

12. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1873.msg17788#msg17788 date=1174676353]
    hella blue purple for the first month you burn in, and then after that hint of blue.

My 14K Phoenix was hella blue like Reeflux during burn in.
    [/quote]

Mine is still blue/purple after 4 months :D

I don't have PFO 250W ballast Rich.

Oh BTW.. I just pick up the two radium bulbs from Eileen. I need to pick up the pendant so I can set it up. Too many new toys too little times ;D ..

13. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Found this an interesting read.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2007/3/review

14. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Thanks for the link.

Maybe I'll trade out one of the IC ballast for a magnetic one.

15. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I am willing to give a pair of 250W 12K's a try I am probably due to change out my 14K hammys soon.

16. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

here's my question. I'm probably going to go 10k reeflux with corvalue ballast from reef exotics. question is what is a better value, SE or DE?

2 or 3 months would be great. i could tak my MH setup on it to help the group buy out. :)

17. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Fwiw, I went back to SE because I got tired of breaking the bulbs out of the de fixture that I have.

18. rleechb

rleechb Guest

Last I heard, the 250 DE 10k's still have that pink hue that everyone hates. I'd go w/ the SE's in some lumenarcs =D

19. Elite

Elite Guest

For your tank, you will need 4 DEs Chris. Why not use 2SE with the lumenarcs?

20. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1873.msg17791#msg17791 date=1174679328]
    yup hella

vs.

so. cal where it is hecka

:D
    [/quote]

I don't think that's entirely true... socal people don't say hecka either.

They say: "I have a grip of frags to give away".