Cali Kid Corals

any questions?

hey Jim, will you be selling frags or just minicolonies at the convection? Can you PM me with average prices....I want to make sure I budget myself correctly. : )

Just mini-colonies and clams.
I'll be selling them at a regular retail price and I believe I'll be right next to Max from Mermaid so I'll be letting him set the pricepoint. That reminds me, I think Max will have a zero-edge for selling or displaying his stuff. If you haven't seen a zero edge, check it out. If you need a more specific idea of what our mini's sell for, check out Dr. Macs site. He carries our stuff.

capescuba said:
Yeah, I have one Jim - How can I get Jake (my new son) to sleep past 5 am in the morning! Especially on a weekend ;-)

Keep him up late Friday night, cussing and drinking and playing poker.
At least that's what works for me.

bookfish said:
Just mini-colonies and clams.
I'll be selling them at a regular retail price and I believe I'll be right next to Max from Mermaid so I'll be letting him set the pricepoint. That reminds me, I think Max will have a zero-edge for selling or displaying his stuff. If you haven't seen a zero edge, check it out. If you need a more specific idea of what our mini's sell for, check out Dr. Macs site. He carries our stuff.

Better get a CA business license then ;) Or does Eddie still have TP's running? They hit these conventions 1/2 the time, so it's your gamble as to if they nail you for selling w/out a permit.

Heheh Gresham... like a vulture! :D

Now while I'm not exactly experienced enough to keep the SPS type corals, any softer ones definately would have a good home in my tanks :) (I grabbed 3 of the mushroom frags from the swap :)). Also I could hold clams for a bit *grin* Wouldn't want all that stuff to go to hell :D

bookfish said:
Hmmm, maybe not then. Definitely not worth the hassle. Guess I'll have to find something to do with all the clams and corals...

If you're selling to club member, I would love to get some :lol:

sfsuphysics said:
Heheh Gresham... like a vulture! :D

Now while I'm not exactly experienced enough to keep the SPS type corals, any softer ones definately would have a good home in my tanks :) (I grabbed 3 of the mushroom frags from the swap :)). Also I could hold clams for a bit *grin* Wouldn't want all that stuff to go to hell :D

You so missed my intention with your post. I was telling him the other ways of being able to sell at the swap, ie. single use permit ;) and what another good idea as for as getting the corals out there w/ out selling them direct.

You think I have to beg for coral :lol: :wink:

sfsuphysics said:
No Gresh, I had an idea of your intentions, I just wanted to get some stuff out of it too *laugh*

But... I'm not gettting anything out of it......Which was my point really ;)

I will probably take Greshams excellent suggestion, hand out raffle tix and give it all away at the end of the conference.
Thx for the good idea.-Jim

I think the general raffle is on SAT night. I am not sure if the vendors are open on Sunday. Oh well, I was planning to leave SAT night since the Sunday only had like 1 speaker and a closing speech.

As per every MO conference I've attended, the vendors will be open till the end of the conference, ie. sunday.

Back