Kessil

Any Reef Angel experts in the city?

Quite a while ago, I bought a reef angel to control my aquarium. I planned to set it up before summer, but it kept getting put off. Now I have one off week left before I leave for Alaska and its still not set up.

I need help most of all with setting up my wireless module, and getting it set up to broadcast the info over the Internet. I'm kind of short cash but willing to trade a frag or two or more. If that's not tempting I might be willing to trade other stuff, let me know what you need.

I am planning to bring home salmon, so yeah I could trade some of that if people are willing to wait until late July. Seems to be plenty of salmon around down here this year though. ;)

Yes I've been reading the RA forums a lot, and I keep telling myself I'll sit down with this thing and learn how to work it, but my problem is I'm running short on time and my to-do list is not shrinking. I hate to bother Roberto with basic set up stuff, I'm not having any problems I've just been too lazy to sort out how to set it up properly. I did get a static IP address not too long ago, but that's as far as I got. I am hoping someone who has already done the setup on one of these is wanting something I have to trade. :D

If not, I've got it working for the top off anyway, so it should be ok. I was just thinking it would be nice if it was able to put the status of my tank on the web so my gf and tank-sitter don't have to stop by to see if things are ok. Also, it would be nice to send notifications if something goes out of spec.

I've tried reading the walk through and following the steps to connect it, but I got lost.

email Roberto, he'll help from basic to really advanced set-ups... Its not bothering him, I did the same thing :D

And for the record, I couldn't get my wireless module set-up, but mine issue was my stupid router. Now that I have a new one, I have not tried again.

And look at me, I should be all over that salmon offer in July :D

Ok, I have set aside tomorrow as a fish tank day. I am going to try and dive into this RA thing on my own, and if I get stuck I'll email you Roberto.

Setup using the wizards is a breeze. If you know your internal and external IP addresses you should be up and going in about an hour.
Roberto provides the best Tech support.:)

I'm not finding it a breeze. Either I have a different version of the wireless utility or I'm using the wrong thing, because my screens all looked completely different than the ones in the walk through on the forum. In any case I think I've got the wireless adapter configured, but now the next step is to "You are now ready to upload the Wifi Test Code to ensure everything is working properly. The Wifi Test Code can be found on the Arduino IDE by using menu File->Sketchbook->Example Codes->WifiTestCode."

Which doesn't exist anywhere that I can find. Sigh. I'm done for the day.

Ok so I got the file I needed by reinstalling, p[er Roberto's suggestion. Unfortunately, the file won't compile. So all stop again.

is it erroring out are you using the box to power the unit or do you have the usb optional cord

sometimes i have to poweroff and power on the controller a time or two for it to take the new upload

Back