High Tide Aquatics

Any SPS keepers have room in there tank.

I'm in need of a reputable SPS keeper in the Bay Area that can hold 3 small SPS frags for me for awhile. I need to dial in my tank so it may take 6-12 months so I was wondering if I can get some one to hold them for me and later when I'm ready I'd like a frag back. If they make it I'll give u more info. I'm hoping to get then In a tank by July 17th. If ur willing to help please contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of frags are they and how big? 6-12 months is awhile and certain ones will be full colonies by then, some of which are more potent when it comes to sting. Would be a good idea to know what they are prior to them being adopted by someone.

Two frags look like stylophora and one is a monti. And I'm not sure how long it will take to dial in my tank I'm still semi new and how SPS lives and grows for me and some does not so I wana figure that out before I kill more coral.

Last edited:
Only way to find out is to have frags in the tank.

Most important is stability, sps will usually adapt to the tank, might take a while but eventually it will. But if your parameters are constantly fluctuating then it won't be able to.

yep, only way to learn is to pull the trigger in my opinion :D

start with the hardier corals such as montipora plates, stylophora and seriatopora, and learn as you go.

Those are some of the hardiest sps out there and are quick growers. In 6-12 months they would be full colonies in whoever's tank they go in.

Those are some of the hardiest sps out there and are quick growers. In 6-12 months they would be full colonies in whoever's tank they go in.
precisely.
I've had these types of corals survive months of some of neglect...constantly running out of 2part and not dosing for weeks, up to two months or more between water changes

If you want to drive down here, I probably have space for the stylos (assuming they are stylos) but not the monti (would over take my tank in 6 months!). I might have to frag off pieces before you come get it and I'd probably have to break it off the rock or cut off a huge frag for you.

No guarantees of course. I can't predict the future and I can't guarantee 100% nothing will happen to my tank but it will be in the same tank as more fragile sps so it will get the same care.

Vhuang168 I may take u up on the offer and I only want a frag back. So what ever grows is urs if u want it.

Coral reefer that's probably a good idea.

Back