Anyone ever bought bulbs here?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by wun68, Jan 2, 2010.

1. wun68

wun68 Guest

http://www.lightexports.com/servlet/the-Aquarium-Reef-Metal-Halide/Categories

Some very good prices here. Anyone ever try their "Aquarium Reef Metal Halide" bulbs?

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yup, they have an eBay store as well. Lightneed.com

Basically they are a fairly cheap bulb, their color temps are no where close to what it is, 20000K is practically white with no hint of blue like a 10000K-12000K) bulb, the 22000K has a slight touch of blue.. I'd imagine their 10000K bulbs would be yellow/green as all hell.

Now that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad bulb. I use a couple over 2 of my tanks because I wanted a cheap bulb, I have one of the 20000K bulbs over my SPS tank but I don't like it one bit, and once I get a little bit less lazy I'll replace it with my bulb of choice (Phoenix).

Overall though, I think they are much better quality than the Odyssea type bulbs or other risky ebay bulbs, but I wouldn't put them at the quality of a lot of the more known bulb makers.

3. wun68

wun68 Guest

Thanks, Great feedback on these products! Probably a good backup bulb to have in the cabinet.

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I dont know. For a backup, I'd rather just save the money and use an old bulb, or have a new "next" bulb. I like radiums so I'd just have another new radium on hand. I'd use it anyways.