Kessil

Anyone have any Otohime pellets?

I'm trying to get some baby snowflake clowns to eat, and they're not liking the Mysis or rods food. I've heard that people have success with Otohime pellets and wanted to know if anyone local to SF had a little bit I could try before purchasing a bunch? Or if you're going to the swap tomorrow that will work too...

Thanks!

I have a small sample size of the otohime pellets, and my fish love them. I will try to remember to put some into a small ziplock bag to bring to the swap tomorrow for you. Have you tried frozen baby brine shrimp?

Jeremy,

C1 or C2 look to work. They're about two inches in length from nose to tail if that helps you determine which one would be more likely for them to fit in their mouths. You're the expert :)

Haven't tried the frozen baby brine. I thin Jeremy has me covered, but thanks for offering some in a ziploc :)

Try some frozen cyclopeze ... they should take to that. BTW, if they are 2" total length from tip of nose to tip of tail, they are pretty large ... well over a year or even two to reach that size, so they should take to larger meaty foods no problem.

C2 will cover it C1 is a little small.

I also agree with Robin, at this point they should be able to chop down some meaty foods as well.

If you're interested in trying out some Golden Pearls, I have most of the smaller sizes and can bring to the swap. My freshwater tetra fries loved feasting on them.

fingerwrinkles said:
Try some frozen cyclopeze ... they should take to that. BTW, if they are 2" total length from tip of nose to tip of tail, they are pretty large ... well over a year or even two to reach that size, so they should take to larger meaty foods no problem.

You're so cut off... lets see if Argeant will take care of you now Robin :lol: I hear their cjemicals rock for larval culture :lol:

I had all ready packed Otohime EP1 for the raffle. I will pack some othet sizes.

We offer em in 3oz sizes as of yesterday. We launched the new product line wws.APBreed.com

If I have any TDO-C2 I will pack some as well.

that otihime food works hella good. I am using the big pellets and my wrasses and tangs go nuts for them. i feed them this once a day then I put some other typical foods. My girl uses the smaller stuff and all her trimma gobies and other nano fish go nuts for it. let me know if you can't get your hands on any and I can hook it up with some in a ziplock. I have 2 of the small sizes. And nobody in SF sells it, I bought mine direct from reef nutrition.

Thanks to everyone bringing some food.

I just did another measurement and I believe they're closer to 1 1/2 inches. Not sure if that makes a difference?

JRocha said:
that otihime food works hella good. I am using the big pellets and my wrasses and tangs go nuts for them. i feed them this once a day then I put some other typical foods. My girl uses the smaller stuff and all her trimma gobies and other nano fish go nuts for it. let me know if you can't get your hands on any and I can hook it up with some in a ziplock. I have 2 of the small sizes. And nobody in SF sells it, I bought mine direct from reef nutrition.

Its best to use the name given there are so many sizes of Otohime. Did you buy the 2kg bag or a starter kit? Like I said above, we now offer them in small sizes and we are offering them to our dealers for retail sales.

We are Reed Mariculture. Reef Nutrition is a brand of ours :)

Uh oh ... Sorry Gresh ... didn't realize the love there :) ... seriously though, I do use Otohime and GP (mostly Otohime) for all my stages of growout and Otohime as the primary day to day food for the broodstock. The meaty stuff only is used as an occasional supplement or to at least get somebody eating until they can get on their proper diet.

I was just playing...
:)

I think TDO would be more useful in getting a fish to eat over both CE and Otohime. Chech out Matt's post on Reef Builders from last night.

Back