Reef nutrition

Anyone have small piece of eggcrate/grid - SF area?

Hi there, I've been gathering up some of the strays in my tank and want to put a small frag rack into my tank for a little while. My hermits keep overturning the frags at the bottom of my tank.

Does anyone in SF have a small piece of lighting egg crate they are willing to sell or give away? Probably need less than 3" X 6". I could go to home depot and buy one myself, but they only sell large 2' X 4' sections and that's just more than I need.

Thanks!

if you need earlier, i have a few scap pieces i'm getting ready to throw out that you can have. some pieces bigger than what you need.

[quote author=kmaintl link=topic=2683.msg28079#msg28079 date=1197185718]
if you need earlier, i have a few scap pieces i'm getting ready to throw out that you can have. some pieces bigger than what you need.
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. Not sure I'd have time to pick up before later this week anyway. I can wait till Eileen hooks me up.

It's located in the lighting aisle. They are usually used for covering office type fluorescent fixtures.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2683.msg29974#msg29974 date=1200248287]
Where do you normally get larger pieces of the egg crate? Lowes/Homedepot?
[/quote]

Tony get the one from Tap - ideally you want the acrylic eggcrate for the one you get at Lowes or HD - poly styrene. I can't say it's a cause for hair algae but I can't really seem to understand why the hair algae goes away when I yank the eggcrate out (purchased from HD)

I have some too George. Mine is the kind from Home Depot. I just bought it a like two weeks ago.

Eileen's comment has me wondering though.

Okay if scroll towards the bottom of this page it should shed some light on what I was talking about

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1113109&perpage=25&highlight=magnesium&pagenumber=9

Back