anyone interest in Handheld TDS meter

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by iamborg, Jul 22, 2009.

1. iamborg

iamborg Guest

My friends company have a surplus of TDS meters. He has a water purification/aquarium accessory store.
    It has 4 digit. digital. With temp compensation. All brand new. It is hand held portable type.
    $17 each. I can bring to the BAR meeting next time.
    Let me know. thanks

It should be similar to the one in the pic.

With each sold, he will donate $1 to BAR.

Every now and then, he will also have surplus stuff for aquarium, which I will post if anyone is interested.

Specs:
    http://www.waterfilters.net/Liquatec-PM-3000-TDS-Testing-Meter_p_0-1609.html

Liquatec PM-3000 Pocket TDS Meter Specs:
    Auto Shut-Off after 15 minutes of non-use
    Automatic Temperature Compensation
    TDS Range: 1-2,999 ppm
    Resolution: 1 ppm
    Accuracy: +/- 5% @77ºF (25ºC)
    Battery (included): Single 3V Lithium CR2032
    Battery Life: 30hrs
    Weight: 1.3oz (37g)
    Size(LxWxH): 5.8 x 1.2 x 0.6 in (146 x 30 x 15mm)

Update :
    Box has 10, so 6 more available.

Interested :
    iamborg
    euod
    badbread
    Lyn

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/tds.jpg

2. Elite

Elite Guest

I'm interested if it can hook up to the RO/DI unit.. got a pic??

3. euod

euod Supporting Member

Signing up for 1. Thanks

4. Elite

Elite Guest

I will pass because I have one of those already..

5. badbread

badbread Guest

I'm in for at the frag swap, I lost mine

6. iamborg

iamborg Guest

updated in top thread

7. iani

iani Guest

What brand of TDS meter is it? There are a lot of TDS meters available at or around that price.

8. iamborg

iamborg Guest

Please look at the pic. I think it has the brand.
    I think it is hard to get a temp compensated one at this price, so I am organizing a group buy to judge interest.

9. Lyn

Lyn Guest

I am interested in one too. :)

10. iani

iani Guest

I looked up the info about the specific TDS meter. I don't see anything about temperature compensation. Can you point me to a link with that info?

11. iamborg

iamborg Guest

Specs added.

12. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Iamborg,

Thank you for offering the club this opportunity.

However, we have very strict rules about who can sell items in our forums and how they are sold. Having people (dues paying or not dues paying) act as an intermediary for a store is not how we do business. If your friend is intersted in selling through the BAR forums it will require becoming a sponsor.

We welcome all vendors who are interested in becoming sponsors to contact us by emailing sponsorship@bareefers.org. All potential sponsors are considered using a formal review process. We have very high standards and only select those who have proven to the club that they support our mission, are interested in supporting our club, and will benefit our members.

This thread is now locked.

13. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

I've unlocked this thread.

After an email from Iamborg with additional information about this thread, it became clear that this is not about selling items on behalf of a store. Instead it was intended as a group buy. Iamborg has secured better pricing if he can get 9 others to participate.

As such, I have moved it to the group buy forum and asked Iamborg to reveal the seller so that those purchasing will know who their money is going to.

14. iani

iani Guest

Guys and Gals, we should really try to give business to where it is deserved. Airwaterice.com has a TDS meter that seems much better per its specs. It would cost only 22.50 plus shipping. Why not set something up through them and go through a supporting sponsor?

http://www.airwaterice.com/product/HMTDS3/TDS3_Meter_with_Carrying_Case.html

coupon code #66903

15. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I have the AWI one and it works great. Supporting our sponsors (who support us) is always a good thing.

16. iamborg

iamborg Guest

Group buy cancel.

Sorry for those who are interested.

I dont want to get into a verbal confrontation of who/what is better.
    I just want to save money, and giving back to the members because I have gotten
    free Chaetos from BAR members.

I am in San Jose, I will list on cragslist, anyone interested can let me know there.

Sorry if I have caused trouble in BAR.

Admin, please lock this thread. No point anymore. thanks.