Anyone interested in a group buy again (clean up crew/inverts) - pick up at swap

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Apon, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Apon

Apon Volunteer

the red leg hermits did really well last time too. The gold maximas are currently listed at $60, but not sure what will be available in Sept. First we need to hit the min on inverts to make it worth while. If its close I will order since there were a bunch of folks that bought the extra at the swap.

2. Apon

Apon Volunteer

bump

3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I would order some peppermint shrimp. Maybe 10 I'd say

4. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

I'm down for some peppermints as well. And maybe some hermits. I'll add to the Google doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Apon

Apon Volunteer

still waiting on clams updates. Please let me know if you guys are looking for other stuff so I can inquire about them.

6. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I'll probably be in on trochus and cerith. Still seeing if anyone has trochus from my DBTC, but seems unlikely. I'll know in a couple days!

EDIT: Will not have the tank up in time. I'll have to sit out of this one (just got delivery of tank, cracked glass, have to get a replacement)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  7. Apon

Apon Volunteer

ok some info on the clams- looks like I can get some ULTRA Tahitian Maxima Clams 4 to 6 inches. After shipping probably around $70 to $90 depending on size. I need to get at least 12 people who want one since its a based on a 12 lots size. ( these can arrive sept 6 or so pickup can be before swap)

If they are other stuff you guys are looking for let me know. I maybe able to get some though a store connection.

8. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Really?? Seems hard to believe. Ultra at that size? Great deal. I would be interested, but it's hard to say for sure because ultras all have different colors/patterns. How will that be decided if we get 12 interested?

Any way to see photos beforehand?

9. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'd potentially be interested in a clam.

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

That's the thing with clams. Every one is different even if they're all ultras. Unfortunately I've got my maxima. I'm looking for the other three. (I'm leaving the giga off my list).

11. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

I think they should be in opaque containers and you go pick the container you feel good about.

12. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Interested if we can confirm ultras.

13. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

Interested as well

14. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Where is the spreadsheet we need to update with our order? I only see the old one with 3 people listed on it...

15. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

post #10 on this thread

16. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

Is there any way the vendor would provide you with pics of the clams prior to shipment?

17. Apon

Apon Volunteer

no they don't have actually pics just some stock ones. These are transhipped from the source...just like last clam buy. That is also why they are cheaper not wyswig. Blind picking might be possible but then i can't tell you what size.

18. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

I placed my clams order...

19. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

No Arrow Crabs?

20. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Arrow crabs are listed but it will be like $14 after shipping - seems expensive to me.
    I see new RED BANDED TROCHUS SNAIL (BALI) $2.50 each