Neptune Aquatics

Anyone interested in Yellow Toadstool Sarcophyton?

Here are some pictures of the Yellow Sarcophyton (now brown due to its displeasure) for your viewing enjoyment. (and education?) :D
I had to keep tapping it and taking it in and out of the water to make the polyps retract into the cap. :-

Decapitated Sarcophyton (Boo for me :( Yeah for you ;D )

IMGP4151.jpg
IMGP4152.jpg

Cutting into pie (or pizza) sections. (I must be hungry :) )

IMGP4155.jpg
IMGP4156.jpg
IMGP4157.jpg

Little pieces. Dark side is the top, light is the underside of the cap.

IMGP4160.jpg

The Sarcophyton has darkened considerably. It will most likely stay brown until it begins to grow larger (at least mine did when I first got it from IPSF). Eventually, as it gets larger, and under the right conditions, the skin will become yellow in color.

Wrapped up between boiled clam shells for mounting. (I ran out of rubble, and I haven't picked up my plugs and disks yet.) Cross your fingers and hope they attach. :)

IMGP4162.jpg

Sad little stalk back home in the aquarium...

IMGP4166.jpg

Happy little frags waiting for new homes. :D

IMGP4167-1.jpg

LOL :D Yeah, I can imagine. :D

As a kid, I wanted to be a Vet, but I really hated cutting live things in Bio labs. :- Give me dead things, and I have no problem. I would have made a terrible Vet. ;D

Actually, I had to in physiology lab in college, but I usually had my lab partners do it. Come to think of it, I think they did all the sacrificing. :-

I guess I've had to refrigerate the occasional sick fish which was beyond help. I really hate doing that too.

Sherri,

If someone is in line for this yellow toadstool and is not accounted for, I would like to pass it to the next person, since I am unsure if I will still have a tank running.

Thanks Joyce,

I am going to hold off for the moment. I am having problems with the frags. The parent stalk disintegrated, and some of the frags are not to happy either. I may not get as many as I expected. :(

Back