High Tide Aquatics

Anyone keep Red Goniapora

kinetic

Supporting Member
I really like the Red / Orange Goniaporas. They have much shorter "stalks" than others I've seen. I saw a few at Aquatic Collection last week, thinking about going in for a frag to see how they do. Though I know goniaporas need to eat a lot of planktonic foods, and my tank would need dosing.

Anybody successfully keeping these? Any suggestions for or against it?

Yup, TONS of people. Easy to keep compared to most. Mine is over two years old and has tripled in size. A friend back east has had his well over 10 years. Seems like I'm replying to all your thread today. I'm just killing time waiting for Randy to come grab me (I'm off the clock),

GreshamH said:
Yup, TONS of people. Easy to keep compared to most. Mine is over two years old and has tripled in size. A friend back east has had his well over 10 years. Seems like I'm replying to all your thread today. I'm just killing time waiting for Randy to come grab me (I'm off the clock),

LOL I should just call you up =) Yeah I'm waiting for a few algorithms to run, there's just enough time between starting one, and it finishing for me to post questions.

That's good to hear about the goniapora that you have. I'll probably go pick one up at Aquatic Collection this weekend...

I have one in a customers tank that has survived PO4 levels that you didn't even know could exist (on this planet at least :D ), so yeah they're good to go.

With so many available particulate food like Reef Nutrition's Roti-Feast and Oyster Feast, it shouldn't be difficult to keep. We've fragged and grown so many of them already on this stuff.

robert4025 said:
With so many available particulate food like Reef Nutrition's Roti-Feast and Oyster Feast, it shouldn't be difficult to keep. We've fragged and grown so many of them already on this stuff.

nice! do you guys have any frags ready of some red or red with yellow or purple? I could just pick them up when I come get the skimmer / light ;)

kinetic said:
robert4025 said:

nice! do you guys have any frags ready of some red or red with yellow or purple? I could just pick them up when I come get the skimmer / light ;)

I think we still have two or three frags left of the two different colonies we fragged. They're both re-encrusting very nicely and poofy!

Back