Neptune Aquatics

anyone know what these are?

jamie

Supporting Member
hi guys, so i left for the weekend came bck and noticed these little guys on the glass this morning. anyone know what they are
IMG_2183.jpg

Unless you have a mandarin then copepods aren’t a necessity. And even if you do, you can treat and reseed the tank with new pods pretty quickly.

Last edited:
best way to kill them, read that flatworm exit is good, but will decimate my copepods.
It won’t completely decimate the copepods though, and their populations should be back in a week. Make sure to buy enough Salifert Flatworm Exit to do a 2-4x strength dose though if needed. I suspect that over the years, people didn’t make sure to kill all their flatworms and what was left was a more resistant strain so now we all have to use a higher dose.

i dosed earlier today let it sit for an hour then i added the carbon, i used 3 times the recommended dose. i will dose again this sat to get the eggs that hatched. hooing for the best

If we’re talking about planaria, they don’t lay eggs. Just make sure to add enough FWE to kill them all at once.

Back