Reef nutrition

Anyone on the peninsula with room in their frag tank/DT for some corals?

I got some water quality issues that I haven't been able to figure out. Don't know if it's a source water think, a water storage thing, or a tank quality thing, but whatever it is I'm kind of at wits end right now. Whatever it is it's nutrient level related. I went without DI resin for a while (ran out) and found some for a quick change over, but all i have is some off brand salt for a water change if I want to go that route and while I did one of those didn't seem to change much. Not sure if something fell into the tank and I just can't see it, I did find a nail in my RO/DI Brute luckily I believe it was made before the galvanized everything in Zinc but still it left a rusty stain at the bottom, but I'm a week away from getting any chemical help as far as Poly Filter pads or something

So basically my SPS are all but dead, with a one exception, softies are fine, LPS is doing the slow recession/die off bit. I'm seeing my chalices with dead skeleton edges, my trachyphyllia started that too and then all the flesh just decided to let go of the skeleton, my lobo(I think) is starting to show signs too. Regardless I'd like some place to store these corals for a few months, someone with a stable system, feel free to put them to whatever QT processes you want, and when they're healed up take whatever chunks o' frags you want too. Either way I'm easily 2 months away being ready for corals in my new tank, where all the water is starting over at day 1, and the softies are the only ones I think might make it.

Either way if you have room, and hopefully on the peninsula someplace close, shoot me a PM or something, and let me know approximately how much space you have so I can triage what I want saved most.

What a bummer! This stuff is always so rough! I wish I could help, but I'm not in the peninsula and I only have my tiny tanks. Hopefully someone can help out!

I could probably clear out my 100 gal in the garage and put stuff in there. Really just housing fish and aptasia for the most part anyways.

Hey Mike. Depending on what you have and the size I could fit some in the new tank. Shoot me a PM and we can work out the deets.

Thanks guys, Bob took care of me and he's housing all my LPS. All my montis are basically dead, except for my pink sand dollar, I was going to take that but I left it in a different container while I squirted it with some flatworm exit. After I yanked everything out I noticed a considerably amount of detritus, lots of dead spots I'm guessing right under rocks and so forth.

Just need to hurry the f' up and get all the little things done for the other tank. I was seriously ready to move the sump, then I forgot a bajillion other tiny little things that had to be done before that.

Either way, I appreciate the offer, I might need my pink sand dollar taken care of though :D

Back