Anyone selling SPS frags in bay area?

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by alve, Mar 2, 2008.

1. alve

alve Guest

I am looking to buy SPS frags (plate, branching monti's, pink birdsnest, acro, digi's...) to start stocking this tank. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zepplock

zepplock Guest

I have some orange and green digi's in South San Jose or Sunnyvale.
    Will be cheaper if you join BAR ;-)

3. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I can probably hook you up with a couple of monti caps to get started.

4. alve

alve Guest

Zepplock and seminolecpa, where are you guys located?

I have been thinking about joining BAR. I was going to post a question on here in another post but since seminolecpa is the treasurer I am sure you can help me.
    From the info I read so far there is a monthly BAR meeting in Hayward and that is a swap meeting. Is that correct? If so that would be great since I work in Hayward. The question I was going to ask is how do swap meetings work? Since I obviously don't have anything to swap can I still come to those meetings if I am a BAR member? Also, can people that don't have anything to swap buy stuff there?
    Thank you!

5. seminolecpa

1) I am in Burlingame, I think Zep is in San Jose

2) We are way more then about just swaps. I encourage you to talk to one of our members or come to a meeting to find out more.

Our meetings are held every other month (on even months) on the second Saturday. Our next general meeting is in April. All meetings are held at ASAP in Hayward and are open to the public.

Our next swap event is a regional event tentitively to be held in August. We typically will have a buy in option for those that don't have frags to contribute.

6. alve

alve Guest

Thank you for the information! I want to become a member. Do I have to do it over Paypall or can I sign up and pay at the next meeting? Also, what Saturday in April is that next meeting and what time does it start and finish?

7. alve

alve Guest

seminolecpa, I am definitely interested in those monti caps! What color are they?

8. the paypal is "Paypal@bareefers.com" .. i payed at a meeting and Bryan had my account activated before i even got home..the april meeting will be on the second sat.

9. seminolecpa

Paypal is the only option if you want to get registered immediately. The other option is to bring cash to any genreal meeting and find myself or another officer.

I have a red cap, a nice green cap, a blue polypd green cap, and a couple of other monti's that would be good in a relatively new tank (m. vietnemsis and Mr. Ugly's elkhorn Monti)

10. alve

alve Guest

Thanks seminolecpa, I just paid for BAR membership through Paypal. Looking forward to the April meeting! I also sent you an email.

11. seminolecpa

You are active now.

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

welcome aboard :) Don't let your jaw break when it hits the ground in DBTC forums ;)

Keep in mind that there is a Board of Directors (BOD) meeting this coming Saturday at 1pm in Hayward. It is a little hard to find (I only found it because of a BAR sign) so if you plan on going, be sure to get some "detailed" directions first

13. radar1

radar1 Guest

reply to this add and check to see what he has. he sells SPS colonies for about $30-$40

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/for/590341028.html

14. alve

alve Guest

Thank you Gomer! That DBTC forum is amazing, wow!

I google mapped the address and the BAR meeting place in Hayward is maybe half a mile from where I work so it won't be hard to find for me. Unfortunately I will be up in Sacramento on Saturday :(
    I already put the meeting in April in my Calendar so I won't miss it. That will be the only meeting I will be able to go to until after summer. Because I work in the RV rental business we are always very busy in summer on Saturdays and I never get out before 5-6pm.

15. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

DBTC is awesome for good honest people (cause it can be exploited). That coral is far from free. I know I am in a lot of DBTC debt :p At the beginning you may start feeling guilty about taking and not putting back in (I know I did ...and still do), but once you start returning next gens and starting up your own, it feels really good :)

See you at the April meeting!

16. is it the RV place on the corner of industrial and huntwood? anyways, welcome to BAR

17. alve

alve Guest

Tony, Bryan is giving me some frags and I am already thinking like what if they don't grow well in my tank or something bad happens and they die. Then I won't be able to pass on any frags. I would feel bad if that would happen.

Patrick, that's the one! Thank you and I am happy to be part of BAR now. Mark had recommended this to me about a month ago and I am glad I followed his advice.

18. seminolecpa

No worries, only one is a DBTC frag and it is a pretty hearty coral.

19. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Coral deaths happen. ..just as long as it isn't one of one of the Ultra Eddy Purple Prism Watermelon Monster Radioactive XXtreme chalice:p

20. alve

alve Guest

This DBTC is a great thing!

I am still a long way from it but I already told myself today that frags of any coral in my tank, and not just the ones I would get through DBTC but also any other, bought coral, will be given away on DBTC.

This is helping people who are starting with SPS, like me or people who want to get different types of SPS a whole lot and one day I am hoping I will be able to help as well.