Jestersix

Anyone use Eheim 1262?

aqua-nut

Supporting Member
How noisy is it?

I just started using one and it makes quite the HUMMMMMMM! I've added some suction cups to it and it helps but it's not as quiet as a Supreme 9.5.

Without the suction cups you could get a foot massage just standing in front of the tank!

I like to put padding under my pumps.........any chance you could fit some under it. Yoga mats work well......they can handle spills as well. I usually get as many layers as will fit under it. If you decide to go with another pump......I highly recommend the Reef Octopus Water Blasters. Crazy quiet! No heat.

That's what I use. Lotsa hum and vibration though the Danner Mag 7 is worse. I put a folded carbon filter pad under mine to dampen them. I want to get them out of the tank and onto a yoga mat.

Assuming it is in the sump you can use zip ties or similar to hang it so it isn't sitting on the bottom. Also, if you connect it with flex tubing before any rigid PVC it won't transmit as much vibration

Thanks all.

Yoga mat. My wife won't notice a little piece cut from it. If I never post again, well you know what happened! ;)

With the suction cups it's not too bad. I do have flex hose going to the tank after some rigid PVC. I was just concerned because I had seen several references to how quiet the Eheims were. More vibration and noise than the POS Supreme!

I've contacted Eheim about this. I'll let you all know what happens.

Yep, it is submerged. Somewhere in the garage I have a good sized chunk of pond liner. I think that would be reef safe. It might also work as an isolation pad.

Back